Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 04:32:13 pm

Author Topic: Accounting Tips  (Read 37209 times)  Share 

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +343
Re: Tips for Accounting in 2011
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2010, 09:40:33 pm »
The one and only Neville Box.

Simmons... from what I heard, is very good... hence, it costs more to go to his lectures than others - though that shouldn't deter you from going.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 09:43:09 pm by EPL.11.4ever. »

Furbob

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • diagnosed with poo brain
  • Respect: +184
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2010, 10:48:15 pm »
^ I thought you would've tried out for UMEP/MUEP Accounting for next year~ you'd be ace.

noob question, but which VU campus does Neville Box make his humble appearance at?
2011 : English | Accounting | MM CAS | Further | Japanese | MUEP Japanese
2012 : BA(Japanese&Chinese)/BComm @ Monash Clayton

davyp3

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2010, 12:00:42 am »
City campus, VU will advertise the free lecture series on there site about 3 weeks out from exams

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2010, 03:40:19 pm »
^ I thought you would've tried out for UMEP/MUEP Accounting for next year~ you'd be ace.

LOL nah. =\ I'm not that good. University Accounting is for pros, which I am not. >.<

sam.utute

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Connecturer.
  • Respect: +46
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2010, 05:15:09 pm »

LOL nah. =\ I'm not that good. University Accounting is for pros, which I am not. >.<
Definitely consider it EPL. I hated Unit 1+2 Accounting and I didn't even apply for the enhancement subject (even though I had s scholarship and it would have been free). In hindsight, it was a big mistake.
Also, considering that you want to do Comm/Law in the future (same as me :D), it will also come in handy.

P.S. Don't sell yourself short. You are a pro in accounting. :)

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2010, 05:29:34 pm »
Definitely consider it EPL. I hated Unit 1+2 Accounting and I didn't even apply for the enhancement subject (even though I had s scholarship and it would have been free). In hindsight, it was a big mistake.
Also, considering that you want to do Comm/Law in the future (same as me :D), it will also come in handy.

P.S. Don't sell yourself short. You are a pro in accounting. :)

I don't think I could get in, even I applied. Besides Accounting, I think you need to average A or possibly A+ in all your other subjects - I average B/B+ for most other subjects, besides Legal Studies (A+). I see what you mean in how it helps with doing Commerce/Law though. =P

I read the Uni Accounting information on the Monash University website - twas interesting. I'll have to wait and see what I actually get for Accounting, before making any definite decisions. The workload of my subjects (next year) may also come into factor. >.<

In terms of "selling myself short" - CONSERVATISM - recognising the loss when probable and gains only when certain. I'll wait and see on Dec 13. =)

P.S. Best of Luck with getting into Commerce/Law, asap531! You probably deserve to get in more than anyone, with the amount of work you've done this year alone. =P We could cross paths one day, if we both end up getting into the same course. (LOL! =P)

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2010, 05:33:44 pm »
Also could someone enlighten me, on the difference between UMEP/MUEP Accounting? =\

Is that like a Monash v. Melbourne thing?.. or something...

Thanks.

(Sorry, to go off topic guys!)

Furbob

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2010, 05:40:19 pm »
yep yep, MUEP = monash uni extension program, UMEP = UoM extension program

MUEP Accounting info = http://www.monash.edu.au/study/enhancement/accounting.html
UMEP Accounting info = http://futurestudents.unimelb.edu.au/school/aust/umep/subjects10

only difference is location and the credit they give you at the end (ie. being able to continue 2nd yr at the respective uni)

PS. your marks are pretty good for MUEP! They said that they can tolerate a crappy subject (im sitting on a C-average with GMA but I am dropping it anyway) but I think they will be most interested in your study score at the end of the day. I've heard students with high-30 SS's can get into MUEP maths! You can always try and apply since there's nothing to lose (unless you're that tight about postage stamps and pen ink)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 05:44:23 pm by Furbob »

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2010, 05:46:54 pm »
yep yep, MUEP = monash uni extension program, UMEP = UoM extension program

MUEP Accounting info = http://www.monash.edu.au/study/enhancement/accounting.html
UMEP Accounting info = http://futurestudents.unimelb.edu.au/school/aust/umep/subjects10

only difference is location and the credit they give you at the end (ie. being able to continue 2nd yr at the respective uni)

PS. your marks are pretty good for MUEP! They said that they can tolerate a crappy subject (im sitting on a C-average with GMA but I am dropping it anyway) but I think they will be most interested in your study score at the end of the day. I've heard students with high-30 SS's can get into MUEP maths! You can always try and apply since there's nothing to lose (unless you're that tight about postage stamps and pen ink)

Cheers.

Thanks for the help Furbob! =)

I'll look into it.

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2010, 06:10:51 pm »
Back to the topic:

Here are some more of my notes. I just summarised the Cambridge chapters, I print-screened some bits from the textbook to my notes - I made them a while ago, so yeah... may not be what you expect. =P

In any case, I find making your own notes more beneficial, as you are learning the content in the process of making them.

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2010, 10:14:37 pm »
Continued Notes.

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2010, 10:19:37 pm »
Also, this pdf was made before the Unit 3 exam, though I don't remember by who - wasn't by me btw. =P

I strongly recommend students download it and use it as a revision tool before the Unit 3 exam, next year. It helped me greatly and to that, many other students on VN.

Furbob

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2010, 10:23:04 pm »
Also, this pdf was made before the Unit 3 exam, though I don't remember by who - wasn't by me btw. =P

I strongly recommend students download it and use it as a revision tool before the Unit 3 exam, next year. It helped me greatly and to that, many other students on VN.

I think.... I im in love with whoever-has-made-that :D

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2010, 10:28:11 pm »
I think.... I im in love with whoever-has-made-that :D

LOL it's an invaluable resource which helped me greatly and saved me time. =P

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2010, 09:47:07 pm »
Also for future reference, Unit 4 Theory Questions can be found here:

http://vcenotes.com/forum/index.php/topic,30762.15.html

It's on the second and third page of the thread, I think.