Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 08:43:17 am

Author Topic: --Tell me about Literature--  (Read 11049 times)  Share 

elaine

• Business Management Moderator
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +1
Re: --Tell me about Literature--
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2008, 05:12:32 pm »

The part of the poem is basically about Pophyro entering Madeline's chamber, and then having sex with her. However she thinks she is dreaming as she was following some religious rite where then she would dream of the man she would marry/love, so she believes sex is part of the dream.

can i clarify something- so she's dreaming (asleep), but a guy is having sex with her?
isn't that rape?
please tell me i've missinterpreted something, because i don't find anything beautiful about that
[♥]

Rietie

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +47
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2008, 05:18:07 pm »

The part of the poem is basically about Pophyro entering Madeline's chamber, and then having sex with her. However she thinks she is dreaming as she was following some religious rite where then she would dream of the man she would marry/love, so she believes sex is part of the dream.

can i clarify something- so she's dreaming (asleep), but a guy is having sex with her?
isn't that rape?
please tell me i've missinterpreted something, because i don't find anything beautiful about that

Um, it's not rape if there's consent - which is obviously seen. Basically she is sleeping, there is oral sex and she wakes up at the end of that. Then they have sex (with both fully awake and wanting to do it), then they go to sleep, then after that, they wake up and escape away together (because the girl's family don't like the boy).
2007 - History Revolutions (35)
2008 - English (40), Literature (37), National Politics (37), Maths Methods (32), History Renaissance (39)
ENTER: 93.20

2009 - Bachelor of Arts (ANU)
2010 - Bachelor of Classical Studies (ANU)
Majors: Ancient Greek, Ancient History, Archaeology

wombifat

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2008, 12:30:29 pm »
Voltman, they shouldn't have to change the study design because a large majority of people doing literature aren't offended by it, and if they cut out the book with homosexuals, somebody else could say they're offended by something equally trivial, a mormon could say they're offended that a book mentions a black person.  And basically in the end they'd have to no books :(

Also, it could probably be seen as discrimination.

Go to a catholic school?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 12:33:17 pm by wombifat »

Rietie

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +47
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2008, 10:37:20 pm »
NECROMANCY!!!!
2007 - History Revolutions (35)
2008 - English (40), Literature (37), National Politics (37), Maths Methods (32), History Renaissance (39)
ENTER: 93.20

2009 - Bachelor of Arts (ANU)
2010 - Bachelor of Classical Studies (ANU)
Majors: Ancient Greek, Ancient History, Archaeology