Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 08:42:41 am

Author Topic: Lit Exam...  (Read 2561 times)  Share 

Capricious

Lit Exam...
« on: November 08, 2007, 05:14:36 pm »
How'd you guys go? I was over the moon with the King Lear passages, but the Hamilton Case ones threw me and I wrote incoherent babble =( Totally stuffed my chances of over 40, I'm hoping for a 35 now, hopefully...

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
Lit Exam...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 05:18:21 pm »
Oh, don't worry!

I wrote heaps. I finished the script book. My hand hurts. I got great passages really. I don't want to speculate on what I got though, I find it torturous.

Capricious

Lit Exam...
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 05:28:51 pm »
Quote from: "Eriny"
Oh, don't worry!

I wrote heaps. I finished the script book. My hand hurts. I got great passages really. I don't want to speculate on what I got though, I find it torturous.

I finished the script book too and used up two pages of a second...I agree about speculation, I have moments of 'well I think that was actually ok' compared (juxtaposed lol) with 'oh i just blew that'. I wish I knew the standard of most Lit students...it's so much easier for the science kids to compare themselves - it's either right or wrong!

Ninox

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • vive le science!
  • Respect: +1
Lit Exam...
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 05:54:39 pm »
Oh, don't worry!

I wrote heaps. I finished the script book.

You can do that?
2006: Engineering Studies 45 (Premier's Award), Religion and Societies 39
2007: Methods 45, Spesh 46, Chem 50, Physics 41, Literature 39, MUEP Maths 5.5
ENTER: 99.60
Science/Engineering @ Monash; Mat'ls Eng; Chem, Physiology?

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
Lit Exam...
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 06:25:01 pm »
lear - fairly happy, although of course I thought of heaps of stuff to write once I was out of there (I basically avoided the 'o reason not the need speech' ga silly) but i realllly wanted the 'birds i'th'cage' speech.. also I was just thinking today that if we got the 'howl, howl etc' speech I'd be a bit unprepared. haha the more i think about it the worse I did
gatsy - horrible

(the whole script book! did you have time to proof read? I don't know how much of it I filled I didn't really check... but I don't think it was close to a whole one! How many pages is in them? I think I wrote about 4 for each)

Eriny

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
Lit Exam...
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 06:27:52 pm »
Quote from: "goosefraba"

(the whole script book! did you have time to proof read? I don't know how much of it I filled I didn't really check... but I don't think it was close to a whole one! How many pages is in them? I think I wrote about 4 for each)

I had 5 minutes for proof reading time. The script book is 12 pages long I think.

Capricious

Lit Exam...
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 06:36:34 pm »

I finished really early...like 25 minutes left and I wrote 8 for Lear and about 6 for Hamilton, but because I was going over Lear with a fine tooth comb, I only got up to the second page of Hamilton for proofreading even though it was my weaker essay. Stupid, stupid, stupid.  

lear - fairly happy, although of course I thought of heaps of stuff to write once I was out of there (I basically avoided the 'o reason not the need speech' ga silly) but i realllly wanted the 'birds i'th'cage' speech.. also I was just thinking today that if we got the 'howl, howl etc' speech I'd be a bit unprepared. haha the more i think about it the worse I did

The Lear passages were absolutely awesome, I wrote on 1+3 but could have easily done all three. Though I agree with "howl, howl" speech, it would have been perfect had it been either "birds i'th'cage" or the final scene. Shame.   :(

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
Lit Exam...
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 06:36:38 pm »
oh by the way what were the wright poems chosen? I didn't have time to look and didn't take my exam with me

Eriny

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
Lit Exam...
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 06:42:38 pm »
South of My Days, Eve to Her Daughters (not all of it, up to 'he was an egotist'), and Some Words (the 'Never' part). I liked my passages very much, they were practically perfect (though I never would have combined the three myself).

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
Lit Exam...
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 06:48:56 pm »
South of My Days, Eve to Her Daughters (not all of it, up to 'he was an egotist'), and Some Words (the 'Never' part). I liked my passages very much, they were practically perfect (though I never would have combined the three myself).

cool, I'm glad I didn't do judith now. I never really like south of my days, although I like the 'never' part of 'some words'. I like eve to her daughters but my lack of religious knowledge probably would have limited my analysis.

Insane_Emm

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Lit Exam...
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 09:17:47 pm »
yay i was so happy with mine. tht means il get like 3/40 but hey lol/ everytime i think i did well on something i go crap but eh thts life.

i was ecstatic with the Antigone passages   - they were the exact same ones that my school used for the prac exam, so tht was AWWWEEESOME.

not so good with Donne but still fairly good, didnt have time to write on 2 cos i got carried away with Antigone but it was okay. it annoyd me cos i sat there b4 it going 'as long as THIS one and THAT one arent on there, im fine' and as life is a biiiiitch, those 2 were on there. but i analysed the one i did in massive detail.
mm - Hunting the wild pineapple

'06 - Religion & Society
'07 - Indonesian Second Language, English, Literature, International Studies, Psychology.

lyrawr

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
Lit Exam...
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2007, 01:07:30 pm »
the three sisters passage was heaven sent and washington square was predicable as usual...

i managed to use up all but 2 pages in the script book but thats not hard for me because my handwriting is fairly large and messy- its temperamental :]
2006 - theatre -
2007 - lit - revs - media - legal - drama -
Aiming for an Enter of 88+

lyn123

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
Lit Exam...
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 04:08:30 pm »
Lit ...... I would have to say it was one of my most poorly written exams ever . While I was sitting in the exam .. My mind went blank and all I could think of was "why the hell did I choose Lit over English" Lol. I walked into the exam ready to write about Auden and Lear .. I ended up writing Sense and Sensibility and Lear instead because the Auden poems weren't fully written out, and I was worried I would recall the information incorrectly .. OMG. I died in it :( How hard do you think it is to get a 32-34 for Lit? I'm scared I'm going to end up with something lower than that :(

I didn't mind Lear .. although now looking back at the exams .. I don't think I related the essay to the passages much at all :( and get this . we're required to only write 2 essays .. Lol I ended up writing 4 and crossing out the 2 worst ones :( What a waste of time T.T I feel so sick thinking about Lit.
Music: Group Performance

Literature
Methods
Chemistry
Chinese SL
Biology

All I need is a 90-94 ENTER :(