Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 04:25:23 pm

Author Topic: HEEEEELLLLLPPP  (Read 1052 times)  Share 

cathtacular

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: 0
HEEEEELLLLLPPP
« on: July 31, 2008, 11:31:19 pm »
i have a legal sac due tomorrow and we have 2 essay questions on it, i dont know how to write them at all!!!
arghhhhhhhhhhh

anyways here are the questions, any ideas/advice=great :D

1. An effective legal system aims to provide for fair and unbiased hearings and the timely resolution of disputes. Discuss how our legal system attempts to achieves these two aims: (10 marks)

2)While the adversary system of trial has advantages in resolving civil disputes it also has some weaknesses. Mediation is the preferred way to resolve some civil disputes, discuss the views expressed in this statement (12 marks)
2008:
English
Art
Psychology
Legal studies
Vis Comm

xox.happy1.xox

Re: HEEEEELLLLLPPP
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 08:35:42 pm »
For question one, you could discuss many different factors. For example, our system is in fact impartial, as the judge acts as an unbiased figure, whose main role is to over-see the two parties and their legal representation, in order to make sure everything goes according to plan. The judge never interferes with the proceedings of trial, and this is an adverse advantage of the adversary system because it allows the flow of court proceedings to maintain consistency.

Then, when talking about time efficiency, you can argue that indeed, many commitments are met, as this system of government allows the flow of court to run smoothly.... etc

In this question, I would also tend to discuss the disadvantages, and where flaws are present within these particular arguments. For example, if the judge remains impartial, many questions could not be responded to in a more efficient manner as if the judge were allowed to comment on the diverse proceedings. Etc

For question 2, I would state the numerous weaknesses involved with using the legal system... Costly, formal, too broad or not specific enough... Etc. Then I would Explain why the use of mediation is actually a better method... Fast, inexpensive, informal, no need for legal representation... Etc.

I'm sure you can explain everything I have just mentioned in more detail.

EDIT: Just realised you have already had your SAC :P

cathtacular

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: 0
Re: HEEEEELLLLLPPP
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 05:08:03 pm »
i have, but thanks so much!!! :)

2008:
English
Art
Psychology