Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 12, 2024, 07:15:53 am

Author Topic: Exam Discussion  (Read 6475 times)

ktrah

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: Exam Discussion
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 05:48:30 pm »
Don't worry, everyone makes stupid mistakes (my examples were pretty dodgy as well lol). I think I went okay in the MC but definitely did badly in the ER. And I didn't go into as much detail in the short answer as Adrian but hopefully the marks are still there. Do you think in the age-related memory decline one you needed to say that it's mostly episodic that's affected? And for Loftus's research question about William, would you need to mention source confusion?

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2012, 05:55:17 pm »
Connect Education has just posted the suggested solutions - thanks Adrian!
I've already lost three, possibly four marks just in multiple choice. I'm really disappointed.
I understood everything, but I always lose marks in research methods ERs and the short answer section due to stupid mistakes or inadequate examples.
How did everyone else go?
Yeah I did worse on the multi than I thought. Hopefully he got some wrong o.O hahaha.
Sitting at around 75/90 (from memory of my answers) so I'm hoping there's a low cut off lol.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

perpetual

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • School: MacRob
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2012, 06:00:13 pm »
Don't worry, everyone makes stupid mistakes (my examples were pretty dodgy as well lol). I think I went okay in the MC but definitely did badly in the ER. And I didn't go into as much detail in the short answer as Adrian but hopefully the marks are still there. Do you think in the age-related memory decline one you needed to say that it's mostly episodic that's affected? And for Loftus's research question about William, would you need to mention source confusion?
I'd say you'd have to include source confusion, but I don't know about the inclusion of episodic memory...I can't remember writing about it :/
2012: Psychology (48) | Health and Human Development (47)
2013: Literature (38+) | French (25+) | English (45+) | Environmental Science (38+)
ATAR: 98+

ktrah

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2012, 06:05:59 pm »
How do you reckon the marks will be allocated for the extended response?

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 06:09:57 pm »
I closed his answers but I'd say a mark each for IV, DV,  2 marks for hypothesis, 2 for ethical considerations, two for data collection and design, two for extraneous and minimisations. That's the way I'd break it down. Could be more on the extraneous. Unsure but that would be my guess.

ktrah

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 06:13:48 pm »
I hope there are no marks allocated for effective written communication lol.

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 06:16:05 pm »
I hope there are no marks allocated for effective written communication lol.
^ This hahaahaha (Y)

HiddenUser

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 10:33:06 pm »
Whats the answer for the MC about putting French words into a sentence and how it's encoded?

I went from Phonemic to Semantic, then literally at the last 5 seconds I switched it back. Pity cause I believe it's semantic......

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2012, 10:38:22 pm »
Whats the answer for the MC about putting French words into a sentence and how it's encoded?

I went from Phonemic to Semantic, then literally at the last 5 seconds I switched it back. Pity cause I believe it's semantic......
Semantic any day of the week I'm afraid  :(

HiddenUser

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2012, 11:21:23 pm »
Yeah......pity cause I saw the suggested answers on Connect Edu.

42 (possible 43) / 45

2 Wrong answers were that and the very first Question about Consciousness with James and Descartes. Both really simple Qs damnnnnn .....