Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 01:37:06 am

Author Topic: RESULTS DAY (Mega Thread)  (Read 30507 times)

Celeriac

• Trailblazer
  • School: --
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Re: RESULTS DAY (Mega Thread)
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2016, 10:42:08 am »
I got 97.60.

I kind of felt nothing when I saw it, which is weird since I never thought I was capable of any Band 6s let alone an ATAR of 90+.  I think it might be that I had this tiny goal of Combined Law at USYD in my head throughout the year which I had basically accepted that I would never reach, and this is just confirmation of that. Also maybe using ATAR calculators spoiled the excitement a little.

Buuut if I ignore that, I'm pretty happy otherwise. Thank you once again AN (Elyse, Jamon, Jake, the other mods and the students) for the help throughout the year.  :)

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2016, 10:44:53 am »
I got 97.60.

I kind of felt nothing when I saw it, which is weird since I never thought I was capable of any Band 6s let alone an ATAR of 90+.  I think it might be that I had this tiny goal of Combined Law at USYD in my head throughout the year which I had basically accepted that I would never reach, and this is just confirmation of that. Also maybe using ATAR calculators spoiled the excitement a little.

Buuut if I ignore that, I'm pretty happy otherwise. Thank you once again AN (Elyse, Jamon, Jake, the other mods and the students) for the help throughout the year.  :)

97 is huge for anyone, and even more huge for someone who didn't think they'd get band 6s! Thank you for letting us play a tiny role in what is a huge achievement for you! :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2016, 10:45:07 am »
I got 97.60.

Well done Celeriac!! Fantastic news! ;D

Don't worry, I sort of felt that a little bit for my result. Like, I was super excited, but ATAR Calculators sort of primed me a bit, I almost wish I hadn't looked. But that's okay, not everyone jumps out of their chair for joy (I was barely awake when I read mine) ;)

If you want to study that course, then still go for it! You can always do internal transfer, if it's your passion and your goal, keep working to achieve it!

Congratulations once again! Super proud of you, and so happy we could help! ;D

Nicki

• Trailblazer
  • hello
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2016, 10:50:53 am »
Standard English: 91 (absolutely so shocked i thought paper 1 would screw me over big time! a personal goal to get a band 6 in standard which is very rare in my school but i didn't actually think it would happen!!! super stoked that 3 other girls in my cohort got a band 6 too)
Community and Family Studies: 90
Legal Studies: 89 (i thought i completely bombed in the essays for this exam ahh so happy and shocked)
Business Studies: 88 (tbh i was sort of hoping for a band 6 but not the end of the world, i can confidently say i couldn't of tried harder and if this is the result I'm happy!)
Economics: 83
Mathematics: 84 (so s h o o k!)

Atar: 92.3

did not expect to even enter the 90s for my star so extremely happy overall with my atar and hsc bands/marks

i just want to thank the atarnotes community!! it was so nice to know i could come here for assistance and advice and this assistance was so very helpful, it really made a difference in my hsc year and i am forever thankful :) :) :)
HSC 2016 Graduate
Subjects:
English Standard, Mathematics, Business Studies, Legal Studies, Economics, Community and Family Studies

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2016, 10:53:01 am »
Standard English: 91 (absolutely so shocked i thought paper 1 would screw me over big time! a personal goal to get a band 6 in standard which is very rare in my school but i didn't actually think it would happen!!! super stoked that 3 other girls in my cohort got a band 6 too)
Legal Studies: 89 (i thought i completely bombed in the essays for this exam ahh so happy and shocked)
Business Studies: 88 (tbh i was sort of hoping for a band 6 but not the end of the world, i can confidently say i couldn't of tried harder and if this is the result I'm happy!)

did not expect to even enter the 90s for my star so extremely happy overall with my atar and hsc bands/marks

i just want to thank the atarnotes community!! it was so nice to know i could come here for assistance and advice and this assistance was so very helpful, it really made a difference in my hsc year and i am forever thankful :) :) :)

WOOO! Go Nicki, what an absolute awesome set of results! So proud of you for achieving the goals you set yourself ;D congratulations!

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2016, 10:54:18 am »

More amazing results! This is so wonderful...Congratulations Nicki. It's always nice to get pleasant surprises where you think you bombed out but things went ok in the end! Or in this case, better than ok, they went so well! 92 is huge and I hope you're just as proud of yourself as you should be! (Hint: very!) :)

Nicki

• Trailblazer
  • hello
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2016, 11:02:34 am »
WOOO! Go Nicki, what an absolute awesome set of results! So proud of you for achieving the goals you set yourself ;D congratulations!

More amazing results! This is so wonderful...Congratulations Nicki. It's always nice to get pleasant surprises where you think you bombed out but things went ok in the end! Or in this case, better than ok, they went so well! 92 is huge and I hope you're just as proud of yourself as you should be! (Hint: very!) :)

thank you so much!! :) :) :)
HSC 2016 Graduate
Subjects:
English Standard, Mathematics, Business Studies, Legal Studies, Economics, Community and Family Studies

Musa

• Trailblazer
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2016, 11:31:46 am »
ended up with a bit below the calcs at 80.70. Pretty happy considering a was a band 3 student coming into year 11. Congrats to you's all  ;D

Just wondering, is there a chance i can still get into B/EngineeringB/Business at UTS? cutoff is 89.85 though i received 5 bonus points and an engineering questionnaire thing (http://www.uts.edu.au/future-students/engineering/essential-information/year-12-bonus-scheme-questionnaire).

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2016, 12:20:50 pm »
ended up with a bit below the calcs at 80.70. Pretty happy considering a was a band 3 student coming into year 11. Congrats to you's all  ;D

Just wondering, is there a chance i can still get into B/EngineeringB/Business at UTS? cutoff is 89.85 though i received 5 bonus points and an engineering questionnaire thing (http://www.uts.edu.au/future-students/engineering/essential-information/year-12-bonus-scheme-questionnaire).

The cut-off changes year to year, so with your bonus points and the questionnaire you absolutely never know! Keep it at the top of your preference list, see how you go!! ;D even if you don't quite make it you can always start in some other degree and transfer ;D

brontem

• Forum Regular
  • School: Brigidine Randwick
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2016, 01:52:26 pm »
Hellooooooooooooo long time no talk  :P
I managed to get band 6's in Eco (93), English (90 o m g), Geo (93), Gen Maths (94) and SOR1 (46) (not physics tho which was embarassingly low in comparison to the others  :-\) and I ended up with 96.75 which I'm honestly so happy with  :D
Aaaaand I couldn't have come back without saying a massive thank you for all of you guys' help this year (especially English holy #%@$ I couldn't have done it with out y'all)
Go team!! We did it!!  :)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 09:37:18 pm by brontem »

ssarahj

• ATAR Notes NSW MVP - 2016
  • Forum Obsessive
  • seek the full depth and height of life.
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2016, 02:02:38 pm »
I got 97.60.

I felt exactly the same as you this morning - the calculators definitely dampened any kind of surprise (also the fact that I was still half asleep when I logged on). I'm pretty sure my first thoughts were 'Yep cool'.  😃

I managed to get band 6's in Eco, English (o m g), Geo, Maths and SOR (not physics tho which was embarassingly low in comparison to the others  :-\) and I ended up with 96.75 which I'm honestly so happy with  :D
Aaaaand I could'nt have come back without saying a massive thank you for all of you guys' help this year (especially English holy #%@$ I couldn't have done it with out y'all)

That's incredibly awesome, congratulations!
HSC 2016: SOR 2, Adv. English, Ext. 1 English, Chemistry, 2U Maths, Hospitality
6th in NSW for SOR 2

ATAR: 97.00

2017: B Nutrition & Dietetics @ University of Newcastle

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2016, 02:06:11 pm »
I managed to get band 6's in Eco, English (o m g), Geo, Maths and SOR (not physics tho which was embarassingly low in comparison to the others  :-\) and I ended up with 96.75 which I'm honestly so happy with  :D
Aaaaand I could'nt have come back without saying a massive thank you for all of you guys' help this year (especially English holy #%@$ I couldn't have done it with out y'all)

Yay Bronte! Congratulations :) You deserve those wonderful wonderful marks! Feel so proud of yourself Bronte :)

Cindy2k16

• Forum Regular
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2016, 02:23:18 pm »
Hi it's been a looong time (I wanted to remove myself from anything hsc related after my final exam lol)

I received my results and what I got was beyond anything I could even dream of! I was hoping for 94 or maybe EVEN 95 ATAR and after my results I thought maybe I could even get a 96/97  but I got 98.30!!! I never ever thought I could achieve something like that so I'm really pleased!
I also got a call saying I received the women in engineering headstart scholarship too so this day has been surreal!

My results were:
English adv: 89
Mathematics: 96
Maths ext1: 94
Biology: 94
Chemistry: 90
Physics: 91

Thank you to everyone on ATAR notes who helped me out with my numerous questions! I really appreciate it :)
HSC 2016
English Adv- 89
Maths- 96
Maths Ext - 94
Biology- 94
Chemistry- 90
Physics- 91

ATAR: 98.30

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2016, 02:23:58 pm »
Hi it's been a looong time (I wanted to remove myself from anything hsc related after my final exam lol)

I received my results and what I got was beyond anything I could even dream of! I was hoping for 94 or maybe EVEN 95 ATAR and after my results I thought maybe I could even get a 96/97  but I got 98.30!!! I never ever thought I could achieve something like that so I'm really pleased!
I also got a call saying I received the women in engineering headstart scholarship too so this day has been surreal!

My results were:
English adv: 89
Mathematics: 96
Maths ext1: 94
Biology: 94
Chemistry: 90
Physics: 91

Thank you to everyone on ATAR notes who helped me out with my numerous questions! I really appreciate it :)

Yessss that's awesome! ;D Congratulations!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2016, 02:24:35 pm »

I received my results and what I got was beyond anything I could even dream of! I was hoping for 94 or maybe EVEN 95 ATAR and after my results I thought maybe I could even get a 96/97  but I got 98.30!!!
This story was basically me
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 02:26:34 pm by RuiAce »