Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 10:40:14 pm

Author Topic: Halp SAC tomorrow.  (Read 906 times)  Share 

izzykose

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Halp SAC tomorrow.
« on: March 07, 2011, 07:19:50 pm »

For the dot point on how globalisation and internationalism has effected international trade could i write.

Globalisation: Created great economic growth in developing states, due to a change in the economic landscape (China)
Dispropotionately affected developing nations, due to a more interdependent world, and has allowed transnationals across borders enabling them to exploit these states and challenge their state sovereignty (Nigeria)

Internationalism: This is where i cant find any case studies... perhaps i could say.

-The WTO aims to promote economic stability, lay down the rules for international trade and does so using a multilateral approach, by holding trade talks between in 153 signatories. Enough for a paragraph on an extended response?

-Due to the world becoming more like a global village and embracing the concept of internationalism, it has changed states' mindsets on providing aid to developing states, by trading them this aid? I dont know where the link is or a case study, could you perhaps suggest one or help me define the points for a paragraph?'
And how has internationalism adversly affected international trade? Doha maybe? but i dont see the link? help?

Also For the last dot point impact of globalisation on the role of the state and the concept of sovereignty:

Could i say for a question like:

How has globalisation and/or internationalism challenged state sovereignty?

Globalisation through organisations based upon these principles of privatisation, austerity, trade liberalism etc has challenged and promoted state sovereignty. The IMF is an example of this and has challenged argentina sovereignty and also irelands ability to control their national finances. Promoted state sovereignty in ireland by giving ireland the support it needs to regain its economic integrity and allowing it to regain its ability to rule over its state. Or can i not refer it to the IMF at all?

Internationalism has challenged state sovereignty through the UN which was founded on these principles. R2P Principle (Ivory Coast) challenged gbagbo's ability to rule his state. Promoted is hard though? Could i say through the establishment of the millennium development goals the UN has promoted state sovereignty as it focuses on creating a multilateral approach to establishing states which are more capable of the ability to rule over their state. or is this not viable/enough for a paragraph? Can i talk about internationalism challenging state sovereignty through the UN or can i not do that at all?

Thankyou.
2011:

Psychology [45], Legal Studies [42], English [43], History Revolutions [34], International Studies [33 :(]

2011 ATAR- 93.80

chrisjb

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • ROAR
  • Respect: +64
Re: Halp SAC tomorrow.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 01:45:17 am »
D: I feel realy bad because no one helped you before your sac! This board is a little... quiet. I hope you did well. Just looking over your notes (didn't read them properly as my mind could not process it at this point in time) they seem to be realy good. I hope you ddi well.
2011: 96.35
2012: http://www.thegapyear2012.com/
2013: Arts (Global) Monash
2016: Juris Doctor (somewhere)

izzykose

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Re: Halp SAC tomorrow.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 09:26:56 pm »
Hahah yeah i did well. I got 50/50 so im pretty happy. We should start a reslts thread.. or something
2011:

Psychology [45], Legal Studies [42], English [43], History Revolutions [34], International Studies [33 :(]

2011 ATAR- 93.80