Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 06:39:42 pm

Author Topic: EvAlUatInG ThE eFfeCtiVenEss  (Read 11368 times)  Share 

Kaan709

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
EvAlUatInG ThE eFfeCtiVenEss
« on: June 12, 2017, 04:57:58 pm »
Hey guys,
I need some help with my essay question "Evaluate the effectiveness of the law in achieving justice for family members when breakdowns occur."

I'm kind of lost and my response seems convoluted. I'm thinking of including how justice for all individuals aren't met, instead focusing on the 'best interests of the child' and how that gives rise to parent-conflict - which causes greater detriment to children than the divorce itself.

Should I be explicitly using legislation (Convention on the Rights of the Child; Family Law Act 1975 (Cth); Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998 (NSW)) and how they establish their rights, but the courts have the wrong approach?. Should I then suggest better solutions? such as a study/report - 'Child inclusion as a principle and as evidence-based practice', which explains how the child's view and context be given more power by establishing an environment where the family can mediate, which reduces parent-conflict and leads to both parents compromising.

I'm still planning, so nothings set. If you have any advice on developing or even changing the topics.

Thank you

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: EvAlUatInG ThE eFfeCtiVenEss
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 08:36:26 pm »
Hey Kaan!

I really like what you're thinking - That argument seems like a really sophisticated approach to take ;D

So yes - You should be referencing legislation directly, and yes, you can definitely argue that the intent of the laws is positive but the way they are applied by the courts is weak. You can then suggest better solutions, but this isn't necessarily a definite requirement. You can just say, "This doesn't work," and leave it there :)

It sounds like you've got a great handle on things! You should check out this guide to make sure your argument is strong. Besides that, be sure to let us know if we can help further ;D

Kaan709

• Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 04:10:57 pm »
+1
Hey Kaan!

I really like what you're thinking - That argument seems like a really sophisticated approach to take ;D

So yes - You should be referencing legislation directly, and yes, you can definitely argue that the intent of the laws is positive but the way they are applied by the courts is weak. You can then suggest better solutions, but this isn't necessarily a definite requirement. You can just say, "This doesn't work," and leave it there :)

It sounds like you've got a great handle on things! You should check out this guide to make sure your argument is strong. Besides that, be sure to let us know if we can help further ;D

Thanks man, I'll have a look at that link.
Ranking a whopping 34/63 in Legal Studies, so i'm expecting a 99.95 [Insert happy cry face]

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 05:20:53 pm »
+3

Thanks man, I'll have a look at that link.
Ranking a whopping 34/63 in Legal Studies, so i'm expecting a 99.95 [Insert happy cry face]

Nothing stopping you! I state ranked Legal without coming first in the subject at my school - Literally anything is possible ;D

Lachlan Morley

• Forum Regular
  • School: St Augustines College
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 08:01:41 pm »
From my understanding of evaluating the effectiveness , u need to make a judgment based on criteria

gillv2017

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 05:38:48 pm »
+1
EFFECTIVENESS CRITERIA!!!
We use CAREBEAR at school, i find this fantastic for structure. '

Community standards
Accessability
Resource Efficiency
Equality
Balance of Rights
Enforcability
Appeals and Reviews
Rights of the Individual

This was around a month ago, so upload your essay and see how you went!