Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 03:06:11 pm

Author Topic: Uni graduates of 2017, what are your plans for next year?  (Read 1370 times)  Share 

spectroscopy

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +373
Uni graduates of 2017, what are your plans for next year?
« on: November 22, 2017, 03:01:19 pm »
+9
What has everyone got lined up for next year (if anything)? Full time work (what field)? Masters? Honours? PhD? Hibernate for a while?

It will be interesting to see what everyone has planned and whether or not many uni graduates will stay on atarnotes much (if at all)

• Forum Leader
  • socratic junkie wannabe
  • Respect: +341
Re: Uni graduates of 2017, what are your plans for next year?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 06:10:12 pm »
Can't comment myself because I've got another year, but what are you doing spec?
2016–2018: Bachelor of Biomedicine (Neuroscience), The University of Melbourne
2019–2022: Doctor of Medicine, The University of Melbourne

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 06:34:57 pm »
+6
PhD, but before that I might spend the first semester demonstrating - just a nice, enjoyable, way to get some money, and hopefully put myself in a position so that moving out is nice and feasible, hopefully build up some amount of savings (particularly for any furnishing I might have to do).

spectroscopy

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +373
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 11:23:19 pm »
+1
Can't comment myself because I've got another year, but what are you doing spec?
Working full time til march doing digital marketing stuff (do it part time now will just go to full time) then take 3 months off before starting my graduate program in consulting in like july/august. im a citizen of an eu country so i think ill just go find the cheapest country with nice beaches and spend the winter there hibernating on the beach.

PhD, but before that I might spend the first semester demonstrating - just a nice, enjoyable, way to get some money, and hopefully put myself in a position so that moving out is nice and feasible, hopefully build up some amount of savings (particularly for any furnishing I might have to do).
Sounds good!  Will your PhD be at monash or will you be going somewhere else

myanacondadont

• No exam discussion
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +12
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 09:06:33 am »
What has everyone got lined up for next year (if anything)? Full time work (what field)? Masters? Honours? PhD? Hibernate for a while?

It will be interesting to see what everyone has planned and whether or not many uni graduates will stay on atarnotes much (if at all)

Life's a bit of a mess at the moment but really excited to see where I end up in a few years. Next year I'll be working in tax full time starting Feb - but my plan is (provided I get the required scores this semester) to complete econometrics via community access program (unimelb) and return the year following for honours in finance. But - I can already feel myself sort of not wanting to do that, so we'll see. I may love tax and stay there for the indefinite future, I'm not sure.

I imagine I'll be popping in on AN every now and then but that'll probably fade as I become more seperated to uni over the years.

So, I'm pretty happy and I am looking forward to seeing what I can do in my free time as well. Life's a mess, but it's good.

Edit: Just read the other responses and damn I am keen to move out closer to the city. 3 years of living off parents wasn't bad but reducing my travel time has become a priority.