Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 04:29:49 pm

Author Topic: ERA tips  (Read 737 times)  Share 

Schized96

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: highview college
ERA tips
« on: May 31, 2014, 12:45:04 pm »
Hi guys, this is my first post around here but I have heard good things about these forums :)
Anyway, our class is just about to start writing our ERA on Monday and I was just inquiring about any tips for how I should write it or any clever angles I can analyse in the discussion. It is done on memory, the test involved testing the effectiveness of chunking when it comes to STM. There was one example of interference theory in the test as a student making noise severely affected one set of results, but are there any things that I could possibly discuss that would be a little left of field?
Not after anything specific really, any advice is more what I am after :)

Thanks in advance.

more_vanilla

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2015
Re: ERA tips
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 01:31:25 pm »
(Sorry op I'm not posting anything helpful to you but..) I would like to second this question! I jumped straight into 3/4 psych and have never written an era before.
Would also appreciate some "look out for" and "must include" ERA tips :))
2014: Psychology, Accounting
2015: Methods, Further, EngLang, HHD, UMEP Accounting

Vermilliona

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +5
  • School Grad Year: 2014
Re: ERA tips
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 04:26:46 pm »
I got full marks on our recent era, and I think it's about doing your research into the literature to see the different angles on this topic, making sure to link the experiment with higher theory concepts (eg could the results give more support to a certain theory of memory) as well as links with past research. Look at the results a few different ways and make sure to have a detailed word description of the results in the results section (not just tables or graphs). If you know the p value of the experiment make sure you're clear on what that means for your hypothesis, a lot of people got caught out on this in my cohort. Well, and all the obvious stuff like write in the right tense and refer to your graphs and appendices. Good luck! (dunno how helpful this is haha, but hopefully it gives you some ideas)
2012 - LOTE Ukrainian 50
2013- Global Politics 47
2014- English 47, French 47, Psychology 45, Revolutions 49 (99.90)

Offering tutoring in Global Politics, Psychology and History! PM or contact as per http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/nunawading/language-tutoring/global-politics-vce-tutoring-melbourne/1065783700