Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 30, 2024, 12:28:35 am

Author Topic: Exchange/studying abroad  (Read 744 times)  Share 

Dapuccino

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +5
Exchange/studying abroad
« on: November 12, 2017, 11:29:42 pm »
Has anyone studied abroad? If so could you share your experiences on:
-through a company or organised yourself
-duration
-location (rural or city)
-expenses
-living
-school life
-people/treatment of people

I am wanting to go on exchange myself but cannot afford it so the only way that is cheaper is organising it myself and studying in rural side of the country. But I am not sure how to go about this as I will have to contact the school myself beforehand and organise the place I will be living in. I only want to go for a month+ though. So if anyone has organised it themselves without going through a company can you please share you experience and advice?

Thank you!

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
Re: Exchange/studying abroad
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 04:57:24 pm »
+1
Has anyone studied abroad? If so could you share your experiences on:
-through a company or organised yourself
-duration
-location (rural or city)
-expenses
-living
-school life
-people/treatment of people

I am wanting to go on exchange myself but cannot afford it so the only way that is cheaper is organising it myself and studying in rural side of the country. But I am not sure how to go about this as I will have to contact the school myself beforehand and organise the place I will be living in. I only want to go for a month+ though. So if anyone has organised it themselves without going through a company can you please share you experience and advice?

Thank you!

Hi there, have you looked into the OS help loan?

Provided that you don't go to the US or the UK, and you are receiving credit, and will come back to Australia with credit to spare to continue studying, you are eligible for a loan that goes on HECS for over $6000. Is this feasible for you?
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!