Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 05:30:31 am

Author Topic: Lack of motivation  (Read 3062 times)

dermite

• Trendsetter
  • You are just like everyone else, unique.
  • Respect: +2
Lack of motivation
« on: October 07, 2018, 07:53:10 pm »
+1
ever since i got my estimated atar, ive been losing my motivation to study.
my estimated was an 80 atar and my course at uni is a 93 atar. can this jump be made in this small time frame available?
HSC 2018
English Advanced  
Maths Extension 1
Physics
Chemistry
Information Processes and Technology
Goal : 93 ATAR

clovvy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +44
Re: Lack of motivation
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 08:31:28 pm »
+4
my estimated was an 80 atar and my course at uni is a 93 atar. can this jump be made in this small time frame available?
I am in a very similar situation as you so I can feel your pain, I have gone through tremendous amount of anxiety throughout the year so it is hard for me too and my course need 96 ATAR... I would say there is no point worrying about it (as hypocritical as this sounds since I am a heavy stresshead myself but it is what it is)... Just save as much marks as you can starting from now you may get the chance of 93+ above or you may get bonus points to make a cut to that degree....
2018 HSC: 4U maths, 3U maths, Standard English, Chemistry, Physics

Maya24

• MOTM: OCT 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +114
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 09:42:58 pm »
+3
There is no point worrying about it. I suggest using this as motivation to do better. Just keep studying and pushing yourself. You never know what might happen.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 09:59:38 pm »
+3
^ 100%. You need to turn it from a demotivator to a motivator. The fact you aren't there now shouldn't stop you from tying to get there - You can do a lot in two weeks! Plus, estimated ATARs are just that - Estimates. They might or might not be accurate, and are certainly not taking your HSC results into account. Aim to maximise your stuff from here ;D

dermite

• Trendsetter
  • You are just like everyone else, unique.
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 10:13:39 pm »
^ 100%. You need to turn it from a demotivator to a motivator. The fact you aren't there now shouldn't stop you from tying to get there - You can do a lot in two weeks! Plus, estimated ATARs are just that - Estimates. They might or might not be accurate, and are certainly not taking your HSC results into account. Aim to maximise your stuff from here ;D

how inaccurate are they?
HSC 2018
English Advanced  
Maths Extension 1
Physics
Chemistry
Information Processes and Technology
Goal : 93 ATAR

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 10:43:10 pm »
+2
how inaccurate are they?

Totally depends. But what it can't possibly account for is improvements in these final weeks, which is what you should be working towards ;D

clovvy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 10:48:32 pm »
+4
Totally depends. But what it can't possibly account for is improvements in these final weeks, which is what you should be working towards ;D
Cannot agree any further to Jamon's statement...  I was actually very severely down throughout my HSC year and I did got sent to hospital etc...   But keep in mind that if you change what you do, you may change the outcome..  I always remember Einstein's quotes "insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results", so just chin up and strive for improvements..  You may surprise yourself and the same goes for me.. 
2018 HSC: 4U maths, 3U maths, Standard English, Chemistry, Physics

l1vvy

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 03:48:57 pm »
+1
thats just like me!! i'm estimated with an 80 atar however my course requires 90+ and is very competitive and i feel like i have no time to improve it . rip

Maya24

• MOTM: OCT 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +114
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 04:08:28 pm »
+2
thats just like me!! i'm estimated with an 80 atar however my course requires 90+ and is very competitive and i feel like i have no time to improve it . rip

It's okay. You still have time to improve. Just keep working hard and learn from your mistakes.

annabellez

• Adventurer
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 01:27:59 pm »

I suggest simple things such as starting studying with the easier subjects and gradually building more productivity up. Talk to your teachers about your exams and ask them where you need to improve :)

zuriah

• Adventurer
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2018, 12:53:59 pm »
+1
I wouldn't be too discouraged by an estimated ATAR, as there are always alternate pathways that can lead you to the field that you are interested in.
I would definitely try to develop motivation by focusing on your passion for the course that you'd like to enrol in and let that drive you to perform your best.
Hope this helps, good luck!

LadyWhoAsksTooMuchQuestions

• Trailblazer
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2018, 07:09:12 pm »
80 atar

wow..i'm happy to even get a 70s
Failure.

2018 HSC Subjects:
English Standard
Studies of Religion II