Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 08, 2024, 02:09:05 am

Author Topic: UMAT & Interstate applications  (Read 14900 times)  Share 

D27RII

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • School: MHS -2010
  • School Grad Year: 2010
Re: UMAT & Interstate applications
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 04:26:39 pm »
do you guys reckon 86th percentile can get me into dent at adelaide uni??
Last year my friend did IB and got an equivalent of 99.6 -- he had 88 UMAT so no MBBS - went dent at Adelaide.
As if 88 is not good enough for an interview at adelaide for mbbs? I know they discriminate against inter-staters by requiring higher umat scores, but i heard they got in trouble for that, not sure if it's true though... Damn, I should've just gone and lived there for 5 years. Also does anyone know if they go by percentile or overall score?

In virtuall all universities now, you will need above 90 percentiles for an interview, but in UADEL with an 88 and a decent ATAR, you should get a second round offer
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 04:31:10 pm by D27RII »

paulsterio

• ATAR Notes Legend
  • I <3 2SHAN
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 10:04:19 pm »

Last year my friend did IB and got an equivalent of 99.6 -- he had 88 UMAT so no MBBS - went dent at Adelaide.
As if 88 is not good enough for an interview at adelaide for mbbs? I know they discriminate against inter-staters by requiring higher umat scores, but i heard they got in trouble for that, not sure if it's true though... Damn, I should've just gone and lived there for 5 years. Also does anyone know if they go by percentile or overall score?

You will get in with a UMAT of 88 and a 99+ ATAR at the University of Queensland - there's no Interview

D27RII

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011, 12:06:08 am »

You will get in with a UMAT of 88 and a 99+ ATAR at the University of Queensland - there's no Interview

maybe not D: !!

88 should get you a palce in most years, but since 2 years or so, the cut-offs have been sharply increasing for UQ, even with OP1, candidates may now need high 80s to 90 etc, so hopefully an 88 will net you a seat in UQ, but there could be the off-chance of the cut-off being 89-90 as it has been going up

hala_madrid

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 07:45:24 am »

maybe not D: !!

88 should get you a palce in most years, but since 2 years or so, the cut-offs have been sharply increasing for UQ, even with OP1, candidates may now need high 80s to 90 etc, so hopefully an 88 will net you a seat in UQ, but there could be the off-chance of the cut-off being 89-90 as it has been going up
haha well i've never really been hopeful about getting into UQ anyway because there's no way i will get OP1... oh well :(
2011 ATAR: 98.40

hala_madrid

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2011, 08:01:27 am »
Do you think 88 and an atar of 98-99 would qualify for a second round interview at Adelaide if not the first round? I mean geez, any other year an overall UMAT score of 183 would have yielded about 93rd percentile...
2011 ATAR: 98.40

D27RII

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2011, 12:40:37 pm »
Do you think 88 and an atar of 98-99 would qualify for a second round interview at Adelaide if not the first round? I mean geez, any other year an overall UMAT score of 183 would have yielded about 93rd percentile...

Yep you should get a second round offer. Your UMAT is high enough fir second round, if anything the ATAR may not be enougj

rolftina

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 01:41:42 pm »
Ah QLD, i havent made a QTAC application - maybe I will...?? I can't be bothered filling in a JCU application, i'm not going to get a 99, 98 is the goal

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you haven't filled out a JCU form by now, I don't think they'll consider you...  I don't think a VTAC application alone would suffice. There was a separate application form that needed to be handed in straight to the uni which was due like on the 30th of Sept.

iffets12345

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2011, 09:28:59 pm »
What is this 88 percentile? my friend got 86 and she has an adelaide dent interview. sheesh.
Feel free to message on dentistry questions

D27RII

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 09:07:03 pm »
mate - the UADEL med interviews have higher cut-offs than UADEL dent interviews, to get a first round offer at UADEL, you defs need around 90.

secondly, while the UMAT is worth a third and more (considering it is a hurdle above the ATAR) in med, in dent the UMAT is worth considerbaly less as the interviews are the only thing assessed with UMAT being purely used as countback

iffets12345

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 12:16:48 am »
My bad, discussion looked dent-related.
Feel free to message on dentistry questions

tnguyen_10

• South Australian
  • Fresh Poster
  • School: University Senior College
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2012, 09:43:12 pm »
what do you guys think of my chances of flinders medicine with raw aTAR of 99.95 and umat percentile of 80. I'm from SA.

thanks guys

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Doctor.
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2012, 09:48:11 pm »
Fairly high tbh, 99.95 speaks for itself in these situations.

tnguyen_10

• South Australian
  • Fresh Poster
  • School: University Senior College
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2012, 10:10:03 pm »
haha thanks mate, really hoping i get an offer for flinders. competition is pre high! although i do hope for a 2nd round interview offer from adelaide.