Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 09, 2024, 01:42:30 am

Author Topic: 2017 CSSA History Extension Trial Discussion  (Read 2956 times)  Share 

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
2017 CSSA History Extension Trial Discussion
« on: August 14, 2017, 06:49:37 pm »
+3
Hey guys!!

CONGRATULATIONS for not only completely the History Extension Trial Exam, but Trials in general!!! Awesome stuff, I'm sure you all absolutely blitzed it :)

This thread if for anyone who wants to discuss the exam, their responses, how they think they went, etc. etc. :) Of course, as the Trial papers are copyrighted, and some students may not have sat them yet, please don't post the actual questions.

Even if you didn't do the CSSA paper, still feel free to discuss how your trial went also!!

Congrats again guys <3

Susie

Papers were required to be held until today (Thursday 17th) so we can now chat about the questions and the approaches we took. However, please do not share copies of the exam or anything similar!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:01:26 pm by jamonwindeyer »
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

mitchello

• Trailblazer
  • This sentence is false.
  • Respect: +30
Re: 2017 CSSA History Extension Trial Discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 07:17:29 pm »
Man I fucking choked. It was generally a nice question for number 1, I just wasn't very ready for that style. So it took me waaayyy too long to to finish it - in the end it was alright but I had to cut number two (which was a fucking brilliant question) way shorter than I'd've liked. Needless to say I didn't do as well as I expect myself to, and why they put economics right beforehand boggles me. (I'm making it sound worse than it really is, its just that ext is the only subject I genuinely enjoy)
And I'm sure you guys all did great. Did Question 2 work well for your case studies? (I did the Crusades, I don't really know about any others haha)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 07:20:09 pm by mitchello »
Advanced English//Mathematics//Economics//Legal Studies//Ancient History//History Extension

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 07:31:25 pm »
+2
Man I fucking choked. It was generally a nice question for number 1, I just wasn't very ready for that style. So it took me waaayyy too long to to finish it - in the end it was alright but I had to cut number two (which was a fucking brilliant question) way shorter than I'd've liked. Needless to say I didn't do as well as I expect myself to, and why they put economics right beforehand boggles me. (I'm making it sound worse than it really is, its just that ext is the only subject I genuinely enjoy)
And I'm sure you guys all did great. Did Question 2 work well for your case studies? (I did the Crusades, I don't really know about any others haha)
I'm sure you did better than you expect :) That always tends to be the case with history extension - its not a subject that I think anyone can ever feel fully prepared for, or walk out feeling 100% confident - I know I certainly never did! So glad that, even if it didn't go 100% how you wished it would have, you at least found the questions to be decent :)

Yeah eco being on the same day is such a bummer - happened to me last year as well. The two biggest brain killers one after the other. Props to you for getting through it though.

Congratulations!!!! You're done! :D Whoop whoop :)

Susie

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 12:32:26 pm »
+4
Hey,
So I did my extension exam this morning, although i'm pretty sure it wasn't the CSSA paper, I need to vent somewhere. :)
I actually really liked the questions-section 1 was a lot better then I had expected.
Section one, was slightly similar to something that we'd talked about in the history extension debating thread which was really good. I think this essay was ok, but my last paragraph, especially was really short and I don't think it linked to the question well enough in some paragraphs.
I think that my section 1 essay may have been better then section 2. In section 2  ended up forgetting the details of a lot of my historians different interpretations and I think that I may have mixed some of the interpretations up.
I hope I went ok! I still have two exams left. :)
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 01:53:10 pm »
+1
Hey,
So I did my extension exam this morning, although i'm pretty sure it wasn't the CSSA paper, I need to vent somewhere. :)
I actually really liked the questions-section 1 was a lot better then I had expected.
Section one, was slightly similar to something that we'd talked about in the history extension debating thread which was really good. I think this essay was ok, but my last paragraph, especially was really short and I don't think it linked to the question well enough in some paragraphs.
I think that my section 1 essay may have been better then section 2. In section 2  ended up forgetting the details of a lot of my historians different interpretations and I think that I may have mixed some of the interpretations up.
I hope I went ok! I still have two exams left. :)

All good katie! I'm sure you did fantastically - how good is that, that we basically discussed the question in the debate thread! So awesome - highlights how everyone else should be using it as well ;)

Great job Katie! Congratulations :) Was that you last exam?

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 02:01:19 pm »
+3
All good katie! I'm sure you did fantastically - how good is that, that we basically discussed the question in the debate thread! So awesome - highlights how everyone else should be using it as well ;)

Great job Katie! Congratulations :) Was that you last exam?
Thanks! It was so good because I saw the question and I thought of all the stuff that we had talked about.
Nope, not yet. I've still got my music prac on Thursday and my Ancient exam on Friday.
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 02:03:08 pm »
+1
Thanks! It was so good because I saw the question and I thought of all the stuff that we had talked about.
Nope, not yet. I've still got my music prac on Thursday and my Ancient exam on Friday.
So good - I'm sure you absolutely smashed it :)
Ahhh good luck!! I'm sure you'll blitz those exams as well :) Make sure to let us know how they go!