Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 04:43:20 pm

Author Topic: Major Work Ideas  (Read 2481 times)  Share 

Angusb37

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Major Work Ideas
« on: August 06, 2021, 02:43:05 pm »
Hey everyone, new here so don't judge for the possible lack of ATARNotes understanding

I'm in year 11 and I thought it would be a good idea to look forward to possible ideas for my major work in history extension next year and I was curious to see if anyone had any interesting ideas / possibilities they could throw my way. I was pondering if instead of having a person / event as the focal point of your historiographical debate, you could have an idea. For example, I was thinking along the lines of something to do with the history of objectivism, it's fundamentals, inherency and if anything is truly objective. For this I would obviously cite varying historical figures and their historiography.

Just a thought, and any ideas for anything would be great, would love to get some reading done in lockdown before the course starts next term, thanks :)

Angusb37

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Major Work Ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 08:50:49 pm »
Bump... I was just wondering, is it too Cliche to write a piece on a prevalent historiographical issue like the French Revolution, its role of women, etc...

Ideas I have so far

- Fallacy of narrative as historical truth with Richard III as a case study
- The neglected truths of historicism
- Origins of the French Revolution, conversely also it's influence or the role of women
- Androcentricism in Ancient Rome referencing Agrippina

just some ideas and wondering if any of these sound probable to writing a unique standout essay to :) thanks