Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 02:13:42 pm

Author Topic: JMSS 2021 Entry  (Read 113025 times)  Share 

minami.chan

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: JMSS 2021 Entry
« Reply #570 on: September 08, 2020, 04:45:02 pm »
Sorry for asking so many qs but how many of you here are girls? (Can you just reply to this) I just wanna know because I’ve heard that jmss has more male applicants.

danson1795

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #571 on: September 08, 2020, 05:20:45 pm »
mines tmmr any general tips? what did you guys wear?

why_cant_it_be_follow_the_butterflies

• Adventurer
« Reply #572 on: September 08, 2020, 05:38:10 pm »
Sorry for asking so many qs but how many of you here are girls? (Can you just reply to this) I just wanna know because I’ve heard that jmss has more male applicants.
I'm a girl - I've heard that as well, yet the spread of gender seems pretty even at the school.

PersonO__O

• Adventurer
« Reply #573 on: September 08, 2020, 05:52:45 pm »
Hi I am also a girl. But over the years they try to make the year level 50% to 50% for both genders. So that would make it slightly easier for us girls as there are more male applicants.

Hamish55

• Adventurer
« Reply #574 on: September 08, 2020, 06:34:11 pm »
Anyone from Highvale Secondary or Brentwood?

idontknowmate

• Trailblazer
« Reply #575 on: September 08, 2020, 09:09:44 pm »
hey im a girl as well and I had my interview today :)
not to sound full of myself or cocky but the lady asking the qs kept saying that I did really good and should be very happy with myself

One tip id give is that dont stress or panic , they are so friendly
Try to befriend the ladies who interview you , first impressions go a long way
try your best to answer the questions even if you are not sure , you may not get all of your info right but if you sound confident and excited in what you are saying , it gives them the idea that you are passionate
good luck to anyone who does the interview in the next two days , wishing you all the best :))

danson1795

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #576 on: September 08, 2020, 10:20:24 pm »
hey im a girl as well and I had my interview today :)
not to sound full of myself or cocky but the lady asking the qs kept saying that I did really good and should be very happy with myself

One tip id give is that dont stress or panic , they are so friendly
Try to befriend the ladies who interview you , first impressions go a long way
try your best to answer the questions even if you are not sure , you may not get all of your info right but if you sound confident and excited in what you are saying , it gives them the idea that you are passionate
good luck to anyone who does the interview in the next two days , wishing you all the best :))

thanks, I really needed it

idontknowmate

• Trailblazer
« Reply #577 on: September 09, 2020, 12:59:45 pm »
how did ever1 who did it today go ?

Jazzy_jules

• Adventurer
« Reply #578 on: September 09, 2020, 04:31:34 pm »
I just did my interview earlier. I was shaking so much, like you can’t tell I was shaking, but I could tell myself, I was just shaking so bad. I think I did pretty well though, answered well I think...

minami.chan

• Adventurer
« Reply #579 on: September 09, 2020, 04:47:30 pm »
I just did my interview earlier. I was shaking so much, like you can’t tell I was shaking, but I could tell myself, I was just shaking so bad. I think I did pretty well though, answered well I think...
I was shaking too you’re not the only one :’) Congrats on finishing the interview and good luck!

ihavenolife:(

• Trendsetter
« Reply #580 on: September 09, 2020, 06:19:33 pm »
What awards and ECs did you guys have in your CV?
no

Hellothisisme

• Forum Regular
« Reply #581 on: September 09, 2020, 06:38:47 pm »
I had a high distinction and a distinction in science ICAS, A 1st place in the Science Talent Search and a few school academic awards for certificates. I also put down the two instruments I learn and the 3 sports I play.

aaron6785

• Trendsetter
« Reply #582 on: September 09, 2020, 07:45:39 pm »
I had a high distinction and a distinction in science ICAS, A 1st place in the Science Talent Search and a few school academic awards for certificates. I also put down the two instruments I learn and the 3 sports I play.
looks like u r good to go, all i had was a distinction in amc from myr 7 ):    and a certificate in like this computing program i did in like grade 4. and then i wrote i play cello and piano and do squad swimming and i put down club cricket cos i've done training, and i wrote attendance in youth camps. thats it ):     

idontknowmate

• Trailblazer
« Reply #583 on: September 09, 2020, 07:46:20 pm »
oh my god!!! reading what you guys have accomplished makes me feel like i wont get in.
 I put in my distinction award from the Australian Maths competiton and noted down that I had 3 of those and 2 credits , I also put in a dance medal and the Mark Dreyfus award , a science award for excellence throughout the whole year and an award for winning in a science writing competition.
I forgot to write i have 3 dance medals but oh well :/
I also wrote down how i did 3 different sports in Australia for 4 different teams and how I did 2 other sports out of the country.

aaron6785

• Trendsetter
« Reply #584 on: September 09, 2020, 07:47:24 pm »
oh my god!!! reading what you guys have accomplished makes me feel like i wont get in.
 I put in my distinction award from the Australian Maths competiton and noted down that I had 3 of those and 2 credits , I also put in a dance medal and the Mark Dreyfus award , a science award for excellence throughout the whole year and an award for winning in a science writing competition.
I forgot to write i have 3 dance medals but oh well :/
I also wrote down how i did 3 different sports in Australia for 4 different teams and how I did 2 other sports out of the country.
that's a lot haha