Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 20, 2024, 05:40:38 pm

Author Topic: JMSS 2019 YEAR 11  (Read 9694 times)  Share 

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: JMSS 2019 YEAR 11
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2018, 10:03:06 pm »
I was as a matter of fact half way going through my posts. I know what I'm doing. I was just trying to make a continuous conversation so everyone can take part as people were viewing and not replying. It was just a urge of encouragement.

It's all good, I know you meant well - It's just against the rules, and I sort of have to just keep the place tidy :)

I'm 21, my schooling years (thankfully) are well behind me - But good luck to you too! :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 10:47:07 pm by jamonwindeyer »

yooyoyoyoyyyy

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2018, 05:08:23 pm »
Guys how did you all go?

WhompingWillow

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2018, 05:21:49 pm »
+1
Alright I guess

Chinese SL   Methods

English  Economics Spesh  Physics

Pary_N

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2018, 01:06:00 pm »
Alright I guess

How was the exam y'all? Difficult?Easy? What was on there? How'd u think you went generally
2019 - JMSS
2020 - Mathematical Methods [  ] Biology [  ]

paulthekiller123

• Forum Regular
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2018, 07:03:13 pm »
+1
Do you guys have any idea about what the structure of the exam is like? (Like how many maths and science tests are there?). Also, does anyone wanna create a group chat just for ourselves on either Skype or Discord? Up to you guys.

Aye i just got in. So for year 11? I heard that the year 11 test is slightly different from the year 10s, unlike year 10 you got two science MC tests (science reasoning and ability i think thats what its called); Science reasoning was the hardest one by far because it's more about logic and interpreting graphs rather than prior knowledge. On the contrary if you have done VCE bio and chem like i have, you will be able to bomb the ability exam as it is mostly geared to the curriculum.

You got 2 maths, numerical and maths. Numerical is piss easy in comparison to the MHS exam as the 'patterns' are just copied and pasted over but with new numbers. I finished the whole test with 10 minutes spare. Mathematics is just year 10 maths, if you listened in class, you should be able to bomb this test as well. I also completed this test with 10 minutes spare.

Lastly you got writing (just an essay on a particular topic). This is the test that i think determines whether you get an interview or not and it's probably one of the hardest because it's really random and you will need to have a sound knowledge of a particular subtopic in either physics, biology or chemistry.

The writing piece gave me two options, one of the topic was to write an essay about how the digestive system functioned (my school didn't teach me much about this) and the other one was an essay about wavelengths (which i knew everything about because i did a whole major assessment task on it at school). I wrote everything i knew about it even the applicability of it in real life. 

I reckon i did best on the writing piece, did really well in maths, numerical and science ability and did ok-ish on science reasoning.

mi-xao-14

• Forum Obsessive
  • GO BEYOND!!!! PLUS ULTRA!!!!
  • Respect: +32
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2018, 07:36:12 pm »
Aye i just got in. So for year 11? I heard that the year 11 test is slightly different from the year 10s, unlike year 10 you got two science MC tests (science reasoning and ability i think thats what its called); Science reasoning was the hardest one by far because it's more about logic and interpreting graphs rather than prior knowledge. On the contrary if you have done VCE bio and chem like i have, you will be able to bomb the ability exam as it is mostly geared to the curriculum.

You got 2 maths, numerical and maths. Numerical is piss easy in comparison to the MHS exam as the 'patterns' are just copied and pasted over but with new numbers. I finished the whole test with 10 minutes spare. Mathematics is just year 10 maths, if you listened in class, you should be able to bomb this test as well. I also completed this test with 10 minutes spare.

Lastly you got writing (just an essay on a particular topic). This is the test that i think determines whether you get an interview or not and it's probably one of the hardest because it's really random and you will need to have a sound knowledge of a particular subtopic in either physics, biology or chemistry.

The writing piece gave me two options, one of the topic was to write an essay about how the digestive system functioned (my school didn't teach me much about this) and the other one was an essay about wavelengths (which i knew everything about because i did a whole major assessment task on it at school). I wrote everything i knew about it even the applicability of it in real life. 

I reckon i did best on the writing piece, did really well in maths, numerical and science ability and did ok-ish on science reasoning.

Nah, it wasn't the digestive system. It was the respiratory system. Also, congratulations for getting in!!!!! 👏

paulthekiller123

• Forum Regular
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2018, 01:50:47 pm »
Nah, it wasn't the digestive system. It was the respiratory system. Also, congratulations for getting in!!!!! 👏

Did you do the year 11 exam?

mi-xao-14

• Forum Obsessive
  • GO BEYOND!!!! PLUS ULTRA!!!!
  • Respect: +32
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2018, 08:07:13 pm »
Did you do the year 11 exam?

Yes, I did, but I got rejected unfortunately. Well, that's alright, guess that I gotta suck it up then.