Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 12:03:54 am

Author Topic: MHS year 10 entry application  (Read 1449 times)  Share 

Rawwggzz123

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
MHS year 10 entry application
« on: June 10, 2019, 04:16:32 pm »
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 11:47:52 pm by Rawwggzz123 »

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
Re: MHS year 10 entry application
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 06:31:01 pm »
Hi guys, i was wondering what i should put in my application letter to enter melbourne high in year 10. I have previously tried out last year but only got an offer from cory which i rejected. I have gotten many awards ncluding highest overall maths score in my year level of 65+ students in year 8, top 4% in the country for the AMC, 1st in the GALWAY math olympiad, math engineering honours in tournament of minds, highest overall science score in my year level, participated in Math related GATEWAYS programs and more. My report was only average with the first semester consisting of 4 A's and 2 A+'s  and second semester with only 1 A+ and 2 A's. I have done tennis for 3 years now but have no proof or certificates as i have not gotten any opportunities to compete in except for weekend comp where i have won all but one of my singles with my teammates losing basically all there matches. I have participated in chess club and wanted to join the debating team but it was full. I also do Taekwondo but am just a yellow belt. I wanted to piano since i was little but my parents were financially struggling so i gave that up. I also had to give up soccer after one year as it was too expensive. My parents do have a healthcare card though and I do go to a private school with a large scholarship but it does not give me any opportunities to participate in any competitions such as ICAS or AMC anymore. I was wondering if i should state the restrictions that i have been given and if I would make it in with these achievements.

Wtf, and I thought I was smart for getting top 11% last year in amc. What were ur results for the selective test u gave.

Rawwggzz123

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 06:47:48 pm »
haha, i honestly forgot my results last year but it was along the lines of 1 or 2 superiors 1 above average 2 high averages and 1 average. I didn't study at all and did so shit

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 08:27:57 pm »
haha, i honestly forgot my results last year but it was along the lines of 1 or 2 superiors 1 above average 2 high averages and 1 average. I didn't study at all and did so shit
that is not shit lol, I’m giving the test in 5 days n playing these supercell games rn😞 i feel like I’ll be fine for everything apart from reading comp. Also, why’d u reject Suzanne cory? Good luck for ur exam

Rawwggzz123

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 10:04:06 pm »
I basically rejected cory because my parents wanted me to stay at my school as they believed it would be a lot easier for me and them. For the exam, make sure you only spend a limited time on each question. I took so long on my reading comprehension. Which schools are you applying for? Suzanne cory requires around 1 superior or none with above averages. Melbourne high requires a lot mroe with 2 or 3 superiors at least with decent scores on everything else.

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 10:04:27 am »
I basically rejected cory because my parents wanted me to stay at my school as they believed it would be a lot easier for me and them. For the exam, make sure you only spend a limited time on each question. I took so long on my reading comprehension. Which schools are you applying for? Suzanne cory requires around 1 superior or none with above averages. Melbourne high requires a lot dmroe with 2 or 3 superiors at least with decent scores on everything else.
Cory and MHS, both of em

rakshanaraj06

• Forum Regular
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 05:50:49 pm »
I basically rejected cory because my parents wanted me to stay at my school as they believed it would be a lot easier for me and them. For the exam, make sure you only spend a limited time on each question. I took so long on my reading comprehension. Which schools are you applying for? Suzanne cory requires around 1 superior or none with above averages. Melbourne high requires a lot mroe with 2 or 3 superiors at least with decent scores on everything else.
Oh wow really? Does this apply for me too as I go to a grammar school?

Hi im jeff

• Forum Regular
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 10:08:05 pm »
you have a lot of academic but not much co curricular “achievements”. I think your academic achievements and those other factors will give you a good chance to get an interview. I did the exam as well. I found it really easy lol. Tell me how you go when the results come out. By the way if you get into mhs are you going to reject it as well? cus u did reject cory