Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 18, 2024, 03:11:13 am

Author Topic: HSC Business Studies Exam - Potential Answers and Discussion!  (Read 33945 times)

jaysun

• Fresh Poster
Re: HSC Business Studies Exam - Potential Answers and Discussion!
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2016, 09:49:42 pm »
Hey is there suggested answers to the short answer, report and extended response??

Not sure if I answered them properly

isaacdelatorre

• HSC Lecturer
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2016, 11:18:23 pm »
Hey is there suggested answers to the short answer, report and extended response??

Not sure if I answered them properly

Hey giys does anyone have essay answers and the short ansers for the business exam,i already saw the multiple answers but what about the rest of the exam ?can someone help?

I agree, are there any potential answers??
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 06:00:55 pm by isaacdelatorre »
HSC 2016:   ATAR: 99+
Mathematics - 97    Economics - 96     Legal Studies - 95     Advanced English - 91    Business Studies - 95

2017: B Commerce/B Law @ UNSW  

Lillian_Smith

• Fresh Poster
  • School: Stella Maris College
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2016, 02:26:08 pm »
Hi, I'm not a moderator but this is my two cents on the issue.

There has been so many people telling me both and tbh I'm not even sure. My teacher isn't sure either. But the question "evaluate the response of operations management to external influences" and "evaluate the response of human resource management to legal and ethical influences" is a variation of the syllabus outcome H2 "Evaluate management strategies in response to changes in internal and external influences" the fact that the exam committee purposely left out the word strategies and internal, leads me to think that you did not need to specifically talk about specific strategies.

In saying this, you had to talk about some kind of response to the influence, something the business did in response to the specific influence. Also note that the directive term is "evaluate", which means that you had to have an explicit judgement based on some sort of explicit criteria of their response, which can be good or bad.

What did you guys think? Did you guys include specific strategies?

I'd say 100% you had to write about the response to the influences so yes talk about strategies.

In the operations syllabus in the "learn to" section it has a dot point that says "examine the impact of globalisation on operations strategy".. if you replace 'examine' with 'evaluate' and 'globalisation' with overall 'influences' then this is probably where they got the question from.

So your answer would have included an influence- then talking about the positive and/or negative influence it created- then a strategy to either counteract the negative influence or take up the opportunities from the positive influence- then evaluate that strategy as a response to the influence.
E.g. I talked about globalisation in one paragraph- positives and negatives- then a strategy- new product/service design and development as a response to the positive opportunity (global market/consumer) that globalisation created- as a case study I threw in Jetstar and how they expanded internationally in Asia (Jetstar Japan etc.)- then i evaluated how this kind of response is good.

If you didn't say a specific strategy from the syllabus i dont think it would matter- as long as you are saying a response and evaluating it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 02:37:27 pm by Lillian_Smith »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2016, 02:31:04 pm »
I'd say 100% you had to write about the response to the influences so yes talk about strategies.

In the operations syllabus in the "learn to" section it has a dot point that says "examine the impact of globalisation on operations strategy".. if you replace 'examine' with 'evaluate' and 'globalisation' with overall 'influences' then this is probably where they got the question from.

So your answer would have included an influence- then talking about the positive and/or negative influence it created- then a strategy to either counteract the negative influence or take up the opportunities from the positive influence- then evaluate that strategy as a response to the influence.
E.g. I talked about globalisation in one paragraph- positives and negatives- then a strategy- new product/service design and development as a response to the positive opportunity (global market/consumer) that globalisation created- as a case study I threw in Jetstar and how they expanded internationally in Asia (Jetstar Japan etc.)- then i evaluated how this kind of response is good.

Welcome to the forums Lillian! ;D