Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 10:50:01 pm

Author Topic: Video leaked of Kevin Rudd swearing  (Read 6977 times)  Share 

Mariammm

Re: Video leaked of Kevin Rudd swearing
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 05:13:52 pm »
+9
#firstworldproblems
There are countries all over Africa and the Middle East struggling to find a decent leader and fighting for democracy ... And a politician swearing in this country is enough to make headlines...
We really are lucky

appianway

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 05:55:24 pm »
+1
#firstworldproblems
There are countries all over Africa and the Middle East struggling to find a decent leader and fighting for democracy ... And a politician swearing in this country is enough to make headlines...
We really are lucky

But given the fact that we do have a stable democracy and a wealth of resources (which are reasonably fairly distributed), we should be able to do a lot better.

Also, if we lack long term direction and good policies now, who knows what position we'll be in by 2030.

Mariammm

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 06:00:15 pm »
^^ Thats all true but honestly, we are better off than most of the world. Sure, we could be doing better, which government isn't in need of improvement?

On a lighter note, how funny does he sound swearing? It really doesn't suit him at all :P

Kanon

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +68
  • School: Carwatha College P-12
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 06:05:44 pm »
That being said,
vote Liberal. 

This is off-topic, but I *may* have considered it if they weren't led by the total idiot that is Tony Abbott. Honestly, can you imagine him being a good PM (I'm not saying that Gillard/K-Rudd did particularly well)? I can't.

That's the problem, the Liberal party doesn't recognize that Tony is holding them back.   With the last election, the Liberal Party would have easily won if Malcom Turnabull was leading the opposition, and he's a moron. Abbott provides the face of the opposition, and it is a terrible terrible face, however the voice, the morals of the Liberal Party is still there :)

#firstworldproblems
We really are lucky

Whilst this does partially contradict what I said before, a large difference between our political system and third world countries' is the integrity our politicians hold in the system.  The respect they hold for our system stops them from doing what would be deemed negative things because it's associated with our political system, it differs from every country, hell, look at Italian prime minister (I think his name is Mario Mortean? Something like that) He has no respect for the system, and as such the system is suffering.  It's how we hold our politicans standards now that determines how they act in the future, an occasional slip-up here and there isn't anything substantial.

my 7.75696 Zimbabwean dollars. 
(my 2 cents)

Moderator action: removed real name, sorry for the inconvenience
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 06:40:21 pm by pi »
'12 - English | Methods | Chemistry | Physics | IT Applications | IT Software Development
'14 - Bachelor of Science (Mathematics) / Bachelor of Computer Science | Monash University

Need a website? I run a web design business!  The Summit Digital

Mariammm

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 06:08:56 pm »
+1
@KanonI don't think swearing out of frustration, in a private room is 'disrespecting the system'

We can all be a bit potty-mouthed at times, I'm sure Gilliard swears she just has a whole team behind her covering up her steps... Whereas poor Rudd, hes actually quite naive, he should have learnt his lesson the first time. Swearing into a camera that Julia has access too :O

Tl;dr we all swear, give the guy a break
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 06:39:36 pm by Mariammm »

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +275
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 06:09:33 pm »
re: topic

meh, being pm is pretty stressful
2012-2014. BSc: Neuroscience. University of Melbourne.
2015-2018. Doctor of Optometry. University of Melbourne.

Unlikely to respond to any PMs these days.

Ravit

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Shah Rukh is my son.
  • Respect: +8
  • School: Werribee Secondary College
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2012, 06:17:41 pm »
I have a question for you all.
If Rudd came back to power what would your reactions be about both the state of politics in Australia and the prospect of Australia into the future?
2012: Psych [44]
2013: Science at UOM
2016: Hopefully MD

abd123

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2012, 06:19:14 pm »
+4
There's nothing wrong with him swearing, almost everyone around the world swears when they are stressed, upset and mad.

To all the haters of Kevin Rudd, give the guy some slack, please.

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +275
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2012, 06:22:46 pm »
I have a question for you all.
If Rudd came back to power what would your reactions be about both the state of politics in Australia and the prospect of Australia into the future?

I think Rudd wasn't doing that bad of a job when he was pm, he wasn't god awful. I think he'd be better than gillard or abbott.
2012-2014. BSc: Neuroscience. University of Melbourne.
2015-2018. Doctor of Optometry. University of Melbourne.

Unlikely to respond to any PMs these days.

oliverk94

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2012, 06:24:04 pm »
I'm not really interested in Australian politics.. but I really liked it when Kevin Rudd was Prime Minister.. simply because of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpsTjZr9F8o&feature=related

Miss Rove and Kevin Rudd PM so much :(
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 06:26:37 pm by oliverk94 »

Ravit

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Shah Rukh is my son.
  • Respect: +8
  • School: Werribee Secondary College
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2012, 06:36:25 pm »
^ that i liked.
2012: Psych [44]
2013: Science at UOM
2016: Hopefully MD

JellyDonut

• charlie sheen of AN
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +59
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2012, 07:09:25 pm »
+4
hell, look at Italian prime minister (I think his name is Mario Mortean? Something like that) He has no respect for the system, and as such the system is suffering.  It's how we hold our politicans standards now that determines how they act in the future, an occasional slip-up here and there isn't anything substantial.

*Mario Monti. Also, I think your comments were referring to Berlusconi who resigned recently for his mismanagement of the economy. Though I'm not certain whether a direct causation between his tendency to stick his dick into everything and Italy's spiraling debt exists.

OT: lol idgaf
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 07:11:24 pm by JellyDonut »
It's really not that hard to quantify..., but I believe that being raped once is not as bad as being raped five times, even if the one rape was by a gang of people.

JellyDonut

• charlie sheen of AN
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +59
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2012, 08:46:33 pm »
+1
It's really not that hard to quantify..., but I believe that being raped once is not as bad as being raped five times, even if the one rape was by a gang of people.

Genericname2365

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 11:12:40 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YmBKwo6iE4

Danny Bhoy gives a great summary of Australian Politics in under 2 minutes.
Lol one of my favourite comedians.
And Micallef must be linked of course.  :D
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDn_1Xa2a_o
ATAR: 93.35
Bachelor of Arts at UoM