Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 05:28:16 pm

Author Topic: Tasmanian smoking ban?  (Read 25029 times)  Share 

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +529
Re: Tasmanian smoking ban?
« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2012, 02:25:38 pm »
+1
"change my stance like a p*ssy"

That there is the kind of intransigence which suggests your mind is resistive to any sort of change. I can't tell you how many stances of mine I've changed because I've considered new evidence and arguments presented by others. You're basically saying "I have every right to my ignorant opinions, and if you don't like it, then stuff you!"

You just don't want any criticism of your views ever. Tough luck, this is a public forum and it's going to happen. And if you're smart, you will consider when you are wrong, or when you've made a stupid comment, and adjust your views accordingly.

alexa94

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #106 on: September 06, 2012, 02:51:07 pm »
You're basically saying "I have every right to my ignorant opinions, and if you don't like it, then stuff you!"
Anyone find it ironic that there perfectly describes mao's response to me... Look mate, I've offered my apologies, I don't know what more you want - again, using hyperbole to attack me isn't exactly portraying the best image for your site (company?).

I am not resistant to changing my sentiments, just look at my last post. And I know the first thing you will say is 'yeah you just added that on after reading my post', well no, I was in the process of editing it when you coincidentally posted at the same time. Notice how I didn't yet have a chance to reply about the posts mentioning that some 'hard' drugs are not as bad as widely thought? That's because I've been taking time to research this, I did not simply retort back saying 'no you're wrong.'

I am, however, resistant to changing my stance when someone tells me to get fucked and then provides me with an argument that does not possess a shred of logic, instead just attacking my perceived morality the entire time. Likewise, I don't think I'll be changing my stance anytime soon when someone refers to smokers as being the 'victims'.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 03:05:50 pm by alexa94 »

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +275
« Reply #107 on: September 06, 2012, 03:53:03 pm »
+2
-closes thread if i could-
2012-2014. BSc: Neuroscience. University of Melbourne.
2015-2018. Doctor of Optometry. University of Melbourne.

Unlikely to respond to any PMs these days.

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #108 on: September 06, 2012, 04:03:45 pm »
+2
-closes thread if i could-

good idea
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]