Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 07:01:51 pm

Author Topic: VCE study scores & ATAR overall  (Read 4627 times)  Share 

whitecatdisguised

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
VCE study scores & ATAR overall
« on: February 07, 2011, 06:22:43 pm »
I am in year 12 this year and I am stressed/frightened of what my ATAR would reflect about my studies.

Legal Studies, in year 11, I was about an A-C student... it varied, REALLY depending on the work. Let's just say B, if there was a consistent B and a few As what would my study score be?

Visual Communication & Design, my marks in year 11 ranged from A-B+.

English, I'm not that great at english. I've always been getting C+-Cs and I really want to boost this mark up. What could my study score be? (I know it'll be bad... but I'm also wondering for study tips for english, especially my essay writing and language analysis).

Further Mathematics, my marks in year 11 was about A-Bs, I want to boost my maths up to A+.

Business Management, this is my first time this year doing Busman and I'm already struggling. I'm not a business person, but I really want to get about 35-40 in this area.

I'm hoping to aim for...
Legal Studies 35ish
English 30-35ish
Viscom 40 approx. +
Further Maths approx. 40
Busman 35ish

For the overall ATAR, I want 90+

flash36

Re: VCE study scores & ATAR overall
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 01:03:57 am »
Don't stress about Bus Man, you'll be fine, same with Legals. Work hard with Viscom, I think it gets scaled quite heavily?

Predator

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 02:10:16 pm »
If you are into a bit of confusion with what total ATAR you are going to get go to this link:

http://atarcalc.com/

It will allow you to get a basic outline of what scores you will need to get that 90+ using your subjects, mind you that was created by a member on here a while ago and automatically scales your scores for you.
ATAR 2010: 84.70

Physical Education: 40
Further Maths: 38
Economics: 36
Design & Technology: 35
English: 34
Visual Communication and Design: 34

Visionz

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 02:40:37 pm »
you wont get 90+ with those scores in those subjects. you'll need 40+ for 3-4

IMO focus on everything but legal. legal is extremely time consuming and its not rewarding at all in terms of 40+ chances, unless you dont drop more than 5 marks in the end of year.

dont doubt youre ability either. hard work is part of the equation too.