Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 06:16:53 pm

Author Topic: Starting uni next year? Here's a tool that could help  (Read 636 times)  Share 

CyberScopes

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +7
Starting uni next year? Here's a tool that could help
« on: December 23, 2019, 12:56:53 am »
Hey all, hope you're doing well and chilling before uni starts!

After being in uni for 2 years now, I've realised something lacking after my first few terms that was different to high school: mark management. Marks sometimes come as percentages, sometimes weighted sometimes not, sometimes not at all (often for finals), and still being in that high school mindset of tracking how i'm performing everywhere, I found it difficult for a while. While many people either build spreadsheets to do it for them or put some time out to calculate their Ds and HDs, I decided to build a tool that could do it all for you!

I just thought Id share what I have here so other students, who may be in the same shoes I were in after the first few weeks, wouldn't have to scramble to build excel sheets or waste time needlessly.

Here's Unicore (for Android): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.atude.mywam

It'll calculate your WAM, present graphs to show your course and WAM progress overtime, give you the ability to determine what marks you need in your exams to credit, distinction or HD, option to save your marks online so you never lose your progress, can determine your final exam marks from course totals when sometimes lazy lecturers forget to provide them, and more!

Current uni students can also import their WAM and continue using it as normal as well.

If anyone has any feedback or requests, please let me know! Im trying to make this available for everyone

[sorry if wrong category @ mods]
Want to track your WAM, organise your marks and analyse your progress throughout your degree, all on your phone?
Get Unicore now: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.atude.mywam

2017 ATAR: 93.10
Mathematics 2U | Mathematics Extension 1 | Advanced English | Physics | IPT | Economics
Software Engineering at UNSW