Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 01:56:59 pm

Author Topic: Old Marking Rules  (Read 63624 times)

georgiia

• Trendsetter
Re: Old Marking Rules
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2017, 03:38:40 pm »
What's the deal with posting handwritten essays? I'm wondering for english mostly. I've been handwriting responses lately because I retain more so just wanted to check. Also, I'm not sure how many posts i'm reading since the post count has changed. Thank you:)

pikachu975

• Forum Obsessive
  • Stars and Bars
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2017, 03:41:10 pm »
What's the deal with posting handwritten essays? I'm wondering for english mostly. I've been handwriting responses lately because I retain more so just wanted to check. Also, I'm not sure how many posts i'm reading since the post count has changed. Thank you:)

I think you can post photos of them or scan them as long as it's legible. Post count is 25 for an essay/creative.

Offering tutoring for Biology, Maths, Maths Ext 1, and Maths Ext 2.
Send me a message if interested!

2016 HSC (Accelerated):
// 2U Maths (97) // SOR 1 (48) //

2017 HSC:
// English Adv // Bio // Phys // 3U Maths // 4U Maths //

Goal: 99.9

Natasha.97

• NSW MVP - 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • ~
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2017, 03:42:22 pm »
I think you can post photos of them or scan them as long as it's legible. Post count is 25 for an essay/creative.

Hey!

The post count has been increased to 50 per essay :)
Life is weird and crazy as heck but what can you do?

georgiia

• Trendsetter
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2017, 03:59:02 pm »
Hey!

The post count has been increased to 50 per essay :)

Thanks, but I was wanting to know how many I have to go ahaha :)

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
  • All the world's a stage & this is my improvisation
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2017, 10:26:07 am »
Damn, I was gonna upload my essay thinking the post count was 25, oh well, lucky I saw this before I accidentally broke the rules haha
HSC 2017: Advanced English [85] General Maths [92] Biology [96] Geography [92] Drama [86]

2018: Bachelor of Arts and Advanced Studies at University of Sydney

-- need a tutor for any of the subjects listed above?? I reckon I'm the girl! Just message me on ATAR notes or here--

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2017, 03:02:19 pm »
Damn, I was gonna upload my essay thinking the post count was 25, oh well, lucky I saw this before I accidentally broke the rules haha

You are close - Just five posts away! ;D

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2017, 12:33:12 am »
Anyone able to check how many I've got left? Joined when the post count 15 or something and now it's 50 aha, completely understand though.
Heavy Things :(

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2017, 10:26:26 am »
Anyone able to check how many I've got left? Joined when the post count 15 or something and now it's 50 aha, completely understand though.

If you get to 505, you'll qualify for seven essays marked :)

Yeah, purely out of necessity - We literally just couldn't keep up if the count was lower (and even this could be a stretch) ;)

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2017, 10:50:11 am »
If you get to 505, you'll qualify for seven essays marked :)

Yeah, purely out of necessity - We literally just couldn't keep up if the count was lower (and even this could be a stretch) ;)

Sweet! Thanks. I'd imagine the hoard of people coming from the AN Lectures would have been a large influx :P

Greatly appreciate the work you do for the forum and all us students!
Heavy Things :(

sidzeman

• Trendsetter
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2017, 02:51:58 pm »
For when we submit our essays for marking - do we do so by posting them here or personally emailing them to you? Just asking because I'd prefer not to post and then be caught up on plagiarism if the HSC markers do an internet search of some sentences ahahaha

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2017, 03:03:04 pm »
For when we submit our essays for marking - do we do so by posting them here or personally emailing them to you? Just asking because I'd prefer not to post and then be caught up on plagiarism if the HSC markers do an internet search of some sentences ahahaha

You post them to the relevant essay marking thread as linked in the original post ;D

Unfortunately we aren't able to mark via PM - This subtracts from the collaborative process we are trying to build, prevents other users from benefitting from the feedback ("Oh, I actually do the same thing that user did, I better fix it like Jamon said to!") and makes things too difficult to handle from a logistical perspective :)

We've marked hundreds of pieces for people and have had no issues - You aren't plagiarising after all, it's your work! :)

sidzeman

• Trendsetter
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2017, 03:10:31 pm »
ahhh I see that makes sense. Could you possibly check if I qualify for having an essay marked as well?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2017, 07:05:24 pm »
ahhh I see that makes sense. Could you possibly check if I qualify for having an essay marked as well?

Yep, you've earned an essay marked! You get your next one at 100 posts ;D

mystermark

• Adventurer
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2017, 08:33:25 pm »
Hi,

I was wondering on how to answer this question: "How effective are statutory and judicial guidelines as a means of achieving justice?" and what cases I will need

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2017, 08:40:01 pm »
Hi,

I was wondering on how to answer this question: "How effective are statutory and judicial guidelines as a means of achieving justice?" and what cases I will need

hi! any legal questions you have will be answered in this question thread.

structure-wise, you could do this: introduction, paragraph on statutory guidelines, paragraph on judicial guidelines, conclusion. important to remember that the recommended time for a crime response is half an hour, so you don't have to write as much. i hope that justifies my very weird essay structure i just gave... two body paragraphs? whaaaaat i can't remember any cases off the top of my head, so try looking for cases in the notes tab here. also - there's a ton of different examples you can use. they're LCMs, not just Cs, or Ls, or Ms. use a variety!

hope this helps,
fantasticbeasts
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW