Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 01:00:00 pm

Author Topic: Monash or Melbourne Science?  (Read 13571 times)  Share 

TrueLight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
Re: Monash or Melbourne Science?
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2010, 04:08:27 pm »
yeh come melbourne with me too!

yay company! what are you hoping to major in?
:D
i dont know....
anything that will get me into physiotherapy after my degree!
how about you? veterinary med yeh?

majoring in Physiology or Human Structure and Function would be relevant
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 04:13:29 pm by TrueLight »
http://www.campaignforliberty.com

Completed Bachelor of Science. Majored in Immunology and Microbiology.

“Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past.”
George Orwell, 1984.

"Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
Adolf Hitler

“The bigger the lie, the more inclined people will be to believe it”
Adolf Hitler

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just

QuantumJG

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Applied Mathematics Student at UoM
Re: Monash or Melbourne Science?
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2010, 04:36:30 pm »
I don't know a lot about Monash, but I think making a generalization about Monash students having less motivation is pretty poor.

Anyway, if you have an offer then I wouldn't throw it away because there will be thousands of VTAC applicants who will have no offers, So congratulations. As for fearing your knowledge won't be up to date in chemistry and physics, take note that there is introductory subjects for both.

In the end if you want to do Zoology at Monash and what is pulling you toward Melbourne is it's prestige, then maybe you may want go with your gut feeling. In the end both campuses are excellent so keep that in mind too.

I just want to also say to everyone that Melbourne is starting to make changes to the breadth in the BSc, in that you only need to do 4 breadth subjects.
2008: Finished VCE

2009 - 2011: Bachelor of Science (Mathematical Physics)

2012 - 2014: Master of Science (Applied Mathematics/Mathematical Physics)

2016 - 2018: Master of Engineering (Civil)

Semester 1:[/b] Engineering Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Engineering Risk Analysis, Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering

Semester 2:[/b] Earth Processes for Engineering, Engineering Materials, Structural Theory and Design, Systems Modelling and Design