Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 10:45:26 am

Author Topic: What university course is  (Read 919 times)  Share 

Monkeymafia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
What university course is
« on: February 07, 2018, 03:15:47 pm »
Which Monash Uni courses would be useful if someone wanted to make a mobile OS (like Apple or Android)? Or even design phones and learn about hardware?

Is computer science or software engineering more useful in learning how to make a mobile OS?

Thanks!

The Special One

• Forum Obsessive
  • Do not touch the great one
  • Respect: -14
Re: What university course is
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 12:02:43 am »
Bachelor of computer science 100%
Bachelor of Laws @ Monash (2nd year)

Feel free to PM me about anything, happy to give advice about school and/or uni.

Monkeymafia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 07:53:46 am »
Would a bachelor of electrical engineering be helpful in creating the hardware, or is that covered in computer science? Also, is there really a chance for me to make a mobile OS system which would be successful?

Thanks!

The Special One

• Forum Obsessive
  • Do not touch the great one
  • Respect: -14
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 01:13:42 pm »
It's so so hard what you want to do.

I have to recommend you do a bachelor of computer science instead and use the knowledge to make a successful app which can have a feature of the mobile OS you are thinking off.

It wouldn't be very hard to shake up Apple and Android as operating systems even Microsoft failed with the acquisition of Nokia which was one of the most well known names in the tech industry.

A bachelor of electrical engineering isn't for you and what you want to do. I know what you would like but it's not exactly realistic unless you're in a company with the resources to design and market a phone as well as manufacture it.

Your best bet is to do a bachelor of computer science learn how to code and make applications and software as use those to kickoff a creative idea even basic apps like flappy bird made the owner into a millionaire.
Bachelor of Laws @ Monash (2nd year)

Feel free to PM me about anything, happy to give advice about school and/or uni.