Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 30, 2024, 01:20:57 am

Author Topic: Class of 2014! :D  (Read 1485277 times)  Share 

chasej

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +56
Re: Class of 2014! :D
« Reply #7155 on: November 26, 2014, 10:07:38 pm »
+1
If people are getting sad and bored there really should be a VCE '14 meetup! How about next week sometime?

Any ideas of what to do? Anyone interested in attending? Suggested times?
Graduated with Bachelor of Laws (Honours) / Bachelor of Arts from Monash University in June 2020.

Completing Practical Legal Training (Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice)

Offering 2021 Tutoring in VCE Legal Studies (Awarded as Bialik College's top Legal Studies Student in 2014).

Offered via Zoom or in person across Melbourne.  Message me to discuss. Very limited places available.

M_BONG

« Reply #7156 on: November 26, 2014, 10:09:26 pm »
If people are getting sad and bored there really should be a VCE '14 meetup! How about next week sometime?

I have never been to an AN meet up. Definitely up for it, if others are ok. Others who have been to AN meet ups tell us what usually happens? Alternately, someone PM a mod?

engton1796

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Yo. What yo doin' here?
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #7157 on: November 26, 2014, 10:13:32 pm »
Yeah I haven't left the house today and the large part of yesterday, a bit sad tbh lol.

Lol I've only been out twice since finishing school.  :P

Btw, if anyone here's watching Big Brother, hoping Ryan wins.  *crosses fingers*
English [ ]  Further Mathematics [ ]  IT Applications [ ]  Sociology [ ]  Legal Studies [ ]

Expecting an ATAR between 40 and 60.

anna.xo

• No exam discussion
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +47
« Reply #7158 on: November 26, 2014, 10:25:33 pm »

Sorry to hear that. I'm surprised you would be advised not to go for retail at this time, with summer coming up a lot of temp positions open for Christmas/Boxing day shopping periods. I have some links my careers counsellor from school sent me for summer positions, I'll PM them to you.

I encourage you to change your outlook instead of looking at rejection as a learning experience which would help you to find the best employment for you instead of a traumatising experience, it's difficult to do so but it's all about perspective. Like something that seems bad at first like rejection could turn out to be a good thing if you look at in the context of bettering yourself and making yourself more resilient, and equipped to deal with future problems.

The issue with the temporary Christmas positions is that they hired months ago for them..basically when we had our exams. So to apply now is fruitless as everyone has started and finished hiring for Christmas casuals.

Please do, that would be so great !

I'll try to do that..but after millions of rejections in a row it does get disheartening to the point where you want to give up.

Thankyou for the support, it helps :)

Sorry to hear this Anna! Hospitality isn't all that bad - I actually love it, I can't imagine working in retail now I work in hospitality. Yes, you can get some rude and arrogant customers, but skills in hospitality are much more transferable between businesses compared to hospitality, I think. Try hospitality, it's a lot of fun.

Thankyou for the support walkec, I appreciate it :)

It's not that I have a problem with hospitality or anything, I just really wanted some retail experience. Plus I think I would be better at retail than hospitality. But hey, I'll give it a go..why not. At least they're less likely to turn me away.
2014: VCE
2015: Bachelor of Nutrition Science @ Monash University

DSubShell

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +7
  • School: Mount Scopus Memorial College
« Reply #7159 on: November 26, 2014, 10:41:09 pm »
but after millions of rejections in a row it does get disheartening to the point where you want to give up.

I quote your signature:

Quote from: anna.xo
'Nothing & no one can stop you from achieving your dreams, not if you really want it'

Saying something like that just shows that you'll definitely get a job somewhere. Don't give up, and keep on the lookout for interesting and unconventional jobs that you may not have thought of applying for... but could be just your thing!
2014: 99.95
Tutoring Methods and Spesh. PM me for info.

anna.xo

• No exam discussion
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +47
« Reply #7160 on: November 26, 2014, 10:42:35 pm »

I quote your signature:

Saying something like that just shows that you'll definitely get a job somewhere. Don't give up, and keep on the lookout for interesting and unconventional jobs that you may not have thought of applying for... but could be just your thing!

Thankyou for the support, I appreciate it ! And thankyou for the tip too - any ideas where to find those jobs ?
2014: VCE
2015: Bachelor of Nutrition Science @ Monash University

DSubShell

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +7
  • School: Mount Scopus Memorial College
« Reply #7161 on: November 26, 2014, 10:55:59 pm »

Thankyou for the support, I appreciate it ! And thankyou for the tip too - any ideas where to find those jobs ?

Spent a while looking through http://www.jobseeker.com.au , and other websites. Found a job as a Boat Punter (Picture for reference: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8e/Cambridge_Olympic_torch_on_punt.jpg ), which I may take :D

That's just a random example... but being open to new things is good :D And these online job websites are great!
2014: 99.95
Tutoring Methods and Spesh. PM me for info.

nikegod

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #7162 on: November 26, 2014, 11:27:57 pm »

I had pretty good luck today at my local DFO - much better than my Westfield. Then again, maybe they just threw my resume away hahah. Oh well, passed my hazards, so I suppose it wasn't entirely unproductive.
VCE 2013/14: Psychology ('13), English, Economics, German, Literature, Methods

2015: B. Com @ Melb Uni

slinkykitty

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #7163 on: November 27, 2014, 05:56:12 am »
+1
Hi Anna, are you already 18?
If so, it may be worth doing the Responsible service of alcohol course,  its very short and may help you to get a job in hospitality.   ( just a suggestion)
Do you live near public transport, can you easily travel? 

walkec

« Reply #7164 on: November 27, 2014, 09:24:45 am »

I really hope it's after the 6th of December so I can actually make it this time!

fareseru

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
  • Respect: +43
« Reply #7165 on: November 27, 2014, 12:10:13 pm »
Ugh guys I'm bored. Or not really bored, it's just that I spend all day watching movies, playing games and sitting around and then going to bed at 2 before getting up at 11-12. I just feel gross as well, sort of tired all the time. Dunno.

ealam2

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #7166 on: November 27, 2014, 01:12:38 pm »
Haha, me too except with reading books and stories online.  :)

Yacoubb

« Reply #7167 on: November 27, 2014, 01:53:07 pm »
Hi ya'll :)
I've missed you guys! Haven't been on in a couple of days due to being busy!! How's everyone going??

fareseru

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
  • Respect: +43
« Reply #7168 on: November 27, 2014, 02:09:39 pm »
^You've pretty much described my recent life except instead of actually playing games or watching movies, I get indecisive and just read Reddit the entire day.

Oh wait, that's pretty much what I did for VCE.

Haha okay yeah Reddit might also feature fairly heavily in my life as well ;) I think it's that thing where even though you're doing nothing you have less energy than people who are working out/running every day simply because the body prefers to be worked.

ealam2

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #7169 on: November 27, 2014, 02:17:37 pm »
Hi ya'll :)
I've missed you guys! Haven't been on in a couple of days due to being busy!! How's everyone going??

Hey Yacoubb!  :) Aw, miss you too!  :P I honestly have not been doing much, though.  :) How about you and everyone else?