Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 03:33:58 pm

Author Topic: UNIT 4, AOS 2.6: problems in criminal + civil procedures and possible solutions  (Read 904 times)  Share 

HungTran2009

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +7
So what are some of the key problems of criminal and civil procedures and how can they be solved?

I did this in class but I can't find the notes that I wrote on it :')

Can anybody help me please???

HungTran2009

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
OOOPs

My crying face is all wrong :O

chumchum

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
welllll
this goes back to effectiveness i think..... ( for a second i was thinkin bout pre-trial) - i think it kinda links with the adversary system...... these are suggestions , im possibly wrong
with Criminal procedures - its time consuming -its just one continious trial , another is one cannot be convicted of the same crime again (double jepordy) , cost factors

Civil - cost , time consuming , more based on evidence rather than truth(same with criminal) errr.....

jury system(lack of understanding with terminology) (criminal + civil)
 i dont kno
kind of a vague question , not sure they wuld ask that in the exam but hey, who knows

HungTran2009

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
I know the problems...just not the solutions :(

But thanks for helping!  :D

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307

A move to the inquisitorial system could dampen the influence of evidence over truth.

Abolishing juries (particularly in regards to civil cases) could eliminate the disadvantages juries present; you can counter this argument though and point out a couple of the positives of juries, then voice your opinion as to whether juries are more help than hindrance on the legal system.

Backlog and long waiting times can be curbed by expanding the capacity of our legal system to hear matters, and perhaps increasing the jurisdiction of institutions like VCAT where the waiting times are much shorter.

See... possible solutions depend on which problems you're going to focus on... it usually all comes down to a bit of brainstorming.
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||

HungTran2009

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
Thanks!