Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 05:25:49 pm

Author Topic: What to do now! English exam is over 12 hours away!  (Read 3603 times)  Share 

DavidLR

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2011
What to do now! English exam is over 12 hours away!
« on: November 02, 2011, 07:49:14 pm »
+4
today I did one language Analysis and brainstormed a few identity and belonging prompts
I went over notes from my texts. However, I was robbed last Friday someone smashed my car and stole my SCHOOL BAG with ALL of my VCE notes and furthermore text books I HAVE NOTHING but pen and paper :(

any other suggestions for revision? - I need help with context for Identity and Belonging I have no notes could someone give me some advice or help for this section.

ALSO GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE TOMORROW! don't stress stay calm, all you can do is your best, theres nothing more you can do once you walk in so no point stressing! wish everyone all the best!  ;D

« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 08:08:24 pm by DavidLR »
2011: English [?] Further Maths [?] Legal Studies [?] Economics [?] Australian History [?]

Camo

• Sir President Father Professor Sergeant Admiral Grandmaster Camo OAM
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • I love you like the little taco's.
  • Respect: +62
Re: What to do know! English exam is over 12 hours away!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 07:51:55 pm »
today I did one language Analysis and brainstormed a few identity and belonging prompts
I went over notes from my texts. However, I was robbed last Friday someone smashed my car and stole my SCHOOL BAG with ALL of my VCE notes and furthermore text books I HAVE NOTHING but pen and paper :(

any other suggestions for revision? - I need help with context for Identity and Belonging I have no notes could someone give me some advice or help for this section.

ALSO GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE TOMORROW! don't stress stay calm, all you can do is your best, theres nothing more you can do once you walk in so no point stressing! wish everyone all the best!  ;D

Omg I feel so sorry for you. :(

I'm surprised your not stressing, just for the fact you were robbed.

Just look over notes and revise some quotes, not much else you can do now. Good luck!
‎"We divert our attention from disease and death as much as we can; and the slaughter-houses and indecencies without end on which our life is founded are huddled out of sight and never mentioned, so that the world we recognize officially in literature and in society is a poetic fiction far handsomer and cleaner and better than the world that really is."
- William James.

nacho

• The Thought Police
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +418
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 07:52:32 pm »
+2
START WITH CORRECT GRAMMAR!!!! (know | now)
OFFICIAL FORUM RULE #1:
TrueTears is my role model so find your own

2012: BCom/BSc @ Monash
[Majors: Finance, Actuarial Studies, Mathematical Statistics]
[Minors: Psychology/ Statistics]

"Baby, it's only micro when it's soft".
-Bill Gates

Upvote me

chemkid_23

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 08:02:49 pm »
hahaahahahahhaha

DavidLR

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 08:03:40 pm »

Omg I feel so sorry for you. :(

I'm surprised your not stressing, just for the fact you were robbed.

Just look over notes and revise some quotes, not much else you can do now. Good luck!

Thanks, I've been a bit depressed that's about it, I'm slightly stressed best of luck though
2011: English [?] Further Maths [?] Legal Studies [?] Economics [?] Australian History [?]

chemkid_23

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 08:05:16 pm »
Hey rock why don't you take your school name off

DavidLR

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 08:05:30 pm »
START WITH CORRECT GRAMMAR!!!! (know | now)

LOL i feel like a knob, didn't realise that  :o

DavidLR

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 08:06:02 pm »
Hey rock why don't you take your school name off

why what's the difference? ;) you stalking me?

chemkid_23

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 08:07:54 pm »
yes

Cinnah

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • One part cinnamon, one part ginger.
  • Respect: +23
  • School: Mercy College Alumni
Re: What to do now! English exam is over 12 hours away!
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 08:27:13 pm »
I was robbed last Friday someone smashed my car and stole my SCHOOL BAG with ALL of my VCE notes

I almost cried, that is the saddest story ever.
Well... I didn't, but still, that's terrible.

I am more scared about being late than the content.
Context scares me, I still don't have much prepared.
Good luck!
Dan15 (my older brother) programmed the ATAR calc.
~~~
Rostrum Speaker, Elite DAV Debater, Occasional blogger of high scoring work, speeches and general rants @ http://wordsaboutsomething.com
~~~
2010: Religion and Society
2011: Physics, English, Literature, Methods CAS, Studio Arts
2012: Industrial design at RMIT, and completely pumped about it.

Dr.Lecter

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 08:28:10 pm »
gl bitches
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

DavidLR

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 08:29:20 pm »
I was robbed last Friday someone smashed my car and stole my SCHOOL BAG with ALL of my VCE notes

I almost cried, that is the saddest story ever.
Well... I didn't, but still, that's terrible.

I am more scared about being late than the content.
Context scares me, I still don't have much prepared.
Good luck!

what context are you doing i found some quotations on identity and belonging

Identity and Belonging Quotes:

A strong sense of identity gives man an idea he can do no wrong; too little accomplishes the same. 
Djuna Barnes

One of the most wonderful things in nature is a glance of the eye; it transcends speech; it is the bodily symbol of identity.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The best mirror is an old friend. 
George Herbert

A faculty for idleness implies a catholic appetite and a strong sense of personal identity. ~ Robert Louis Stevenson

I think history is inextricably linked to identity. If you don't know your history, if you don't
know your family, who are you?
Mary Pipher

Work is an essential part of being alive. Your work is your identity.
Kay Stepkin

Integrity simple means not violating one's own identity.
Erich Fromm

Your identity and your success go hand in hand. Many people sacrifice their identities by not doing what they really want to do. And that's why they're not successful.
Lila Swell

Identity is such a crucial affair that one shouldn't rush into it.
David Quammen

Our identities have no bodies, so, unlike you, we cannot obtain order by physical coercion. We believe that from ethics, enlightened self-interest, and the commonweal, our governance will emerge.
John Perry Barlow

The value of identity of course is that so often with it comes purpose.
Richard R Grant

[The] sense of identity provides the ability to experience one's self as something that has continuity and sameness, and to act accordingly.
Erik Erikson

An identity would seem to be arrived at by the way in which the person faces and uses his experience. 
James Baldwin

By building relations we create a source of love and personal pride and belonging that makes living in a chaotic world easier.
Susan Lieberman
Hypocrisy is the essence of snobbery, but all snobbery is about the problem of belonging.
Alexander Theroux

It is that, but really, it's about how we don't recognise the little things in life, or appreciate the little things in life like belonging. A sense of belonging is a big thing today.
James Caan

Positive feelings come from being honest about yourself and accepting your personality, and physical characteristics, warts and all; and, from belonging to a family that accepts you without question.
Willard Scott

We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love and belonging, power, freedom, and fun.
William Glasser

Dr.Lecter

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 08:31:36 pm »
I was robbed last Friday

what have you been doing in the last 4 days?
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

DavidLR

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 08:34:49 pm »
I was robbed last Friday

what have you been doing in the last 4 days?

I've been depressed haven't done much I did about 15 essays from mid oct till now, however i could only get 7-8 for them :( I did 3 in the past 4...