Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 11:32:05 am

Author Topic: perfectscore - please REMOVE that scam youtube channel  (Read 16639 times)  Share 

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
  • Respect: +21
Re: perfectscore - please REMOVE that scam youtube channel
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2008, 07:03:38 pm »
Still waiting.
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator

costargh

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2008, 07:17:47 pm »
Excalibur, how come you revenge negative karma everyone that gives you neg karma except coblin? (Not saying that Coblin should be neg karma-ed)
Some sort of hierarchical power structure? Attacking those lower than you on VN?

ALL THESE IN THE LAST 3 DAYS??? DUDE.... cmon

Excalibur (+37/-18)     perfectscore (+0/-17)     -     *looks at watch*   In topic    
Excalibur (+37/-18)    gfb (+3/-14)            -    that's not a reason to karma; you know the rules.
Excalibur (+37/-18)    ingramjack48 (+0/-4)    -    you karma revenge me, i'll do it right back.
Excalibur (+37/-18)     ingramjack48 (+0/-4)     -     lurk moar.   
Excalibur (+37/-18)    bucket (+14/-9)            -    coblin, brendan and many, many others...
Excalibur (+37/-18)     perfectscore (+0/-17)     -     Still waiting..   
Excalibur (+37/-18)     perfectscore (+0/-17)     -     Waiting...   
Excalibur (+37/-18)    perfectscore (+0/-17)    -    I am still waiting.   
Excalibur (+37/-18)    bucket (+14/-9)            -    lol - I think caramel has already established my gender.   

.... and I think this sums it up

User MAX smiting [neg karma-ing] other users     Excalibur - [33]
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 07:30:25 pm by costargh »

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2008, 07:31:07 pm »

4 people have been on the receiving end of the majority of his smites

ingramjack48

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2008, 07:44:53 pm »
Still waiting.
I'm still waiting because I have nothing else to do other then negative karma weak members, and wait for some explanation thats obviously never going to come and I know that the explanation is never going to come, but what the heck I'm going to be a prick anway, despite the fact that the person has even taken off there "scam site" a while ago. This is because I am a power hungry blob, and am the most hated person on VN (evident through me being the highest smited person on VN) but my Karma is still 18 because of one person who gave me about +20 karma alone.
Huh?

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2008, 09:51:53 pm »
Still waiting.
I'm still waiting because I have nothing else to do other then negative karma weak members, and wait for some explanation thats obviously never going to come and I know that the explanation is never going to come, but what the heck I'm going to be a prick anway, despite the fact that the person has even taken off there "scam site" a while ago. This is because I am a power hungry blob, and am the most hated person on VN (evident through me being the highest smited person on VN) but my Karma is still 18 because of one person who gave me about +20 karma alone.
Huh?

@ ingramjack - you'll find that a large proportion of the smiting on my account is revenge smiting on the part of the other person (note that this pool contains maybe 4 people), and various return fires. The idea isn't to revenge karma people for marking your post bad. Have you noticed how I haven't smited hard, like I don't with coblin?

we all are... so explain or the negative karma shall multiply tenfold

Hell, you even encouraged it.

most hated person on VN

What?

Excalibur, how come you revenge negative karma everyone that gives you neg karma except coblin? (Not saying that Coblin should be neg karma-ed)

@ Costargh - because at least he has legitimate reasons for doing so...unlike those who revenge karma me for making otherwise (at which point I return the favour) legitimate smites. Just take a look at the first blow thrown and the respective post.

'perfectscore' is an exception, and deserves absolutely no pity unless evidence to the contrary is presented (which I doubt will happen). I have absolutely no respect for scammers, or those who try to. I really don't care if I absoultely drive him/her into the ground as far as this community is concerned...s/he deserves nothing less.

In all honesty, though, the 'karma' system as its applied here is useless. It's almost as though I cannot mark a persons post as a bad post without copping a 'revenge' karma back...which is not the idea of the system. I believe the way Whirlpool (as much as I despise the quality of some posting/moderation over there...) does it is quite good.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 10:02:36 pm by Excalibur »
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator

costargh

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2008, 10:51:03 pm »
You can only assume 'perfectscore's' intentions. Prove beyond reasonable doubt that he/she is a scammer. I know that his/her sites are suspicious looking but suspicion doesn't always lead to guilt.

There are dozens of bad posts on this site daily, no doubt some by myself every so often. But I think everyone accepts that, everyone knows who posts shit. You can't compain that people revenge smite you when you do exactly the same.

I guess the choice is up to you considering you have the access to the karma system like everyone else here, but excessive use of the karma system in a negative manner, IMO is not the best way to use it. And the fact that you have to get other people to boost up your karma, reflects on your insecurity at the perception you might face for continually neg karma-ing others.

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2008, 11:04:24 pm »
You can only assume 'perfectscore's' intentions. Prove beyond reasonable doubt that he/she is a scammer. I know that his/her sites are suspicious looking but suspicion doesn't always lead to guilt.

There are dozens of bad posts on this site daily, no doubt some by myself every so often. But I think everyone accepts that, everyone knows who posts shit. You can't compain that people revenge smite you when you do exactly the same.

I guess the choice is up to you considering you have the access to the karma system like everyone else here, but excessive use of the karma system in a negative manner, IMO is not the best way to use it. And the fact that you have to get other people to boost up your karma, reflects on your insecurity at the perception you might face for continually neg karma-ing others.

I already discussed the nature of the blogspot site, and I would think that everyone is in agreement that the YouTube channel is an even more blatant example. The fact that he, after being asked by enwiabe to remove the blogspot link, replaced it with the YouTube profile strongly suggests a) lack of remorse and b) contempt.

Furthermore, I would argue that this is a civil matter, not a criminal matter. Thus, in the context of burden of proof, I'd argue that it only need to be proven on a balance of probabilities.

I have no qualms with people using the karma feature to mark bad posts - that's the feature's intention. But to grab any old post that has no possibility of offending anyone and marking it as bad for the purposes of 'karma revenge' is not the feature's intention.

I have no control over what caramel does with karma on me. You are making a distinct assumption that, as she is my girlfriend, I'm pressuring her to applaud me. This isn't the case. I can tell you, though, that she does not like the fact that people karma revenge - rather than mark bad posts bad - and therefore has a desire to remedy that.

I reiterate, but the system as it stands is open to abuse.
Former Global Moderator

costargh

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2008, 11:11:46 pm »
Fraud would be a criminal matter : burden of proof is beyond reasonable doubt

I was more-so referring to "cos you told me to?" - ninwa.

Harressing someone is not the intention of the karma system. If your intention is to mark bad posts, how can you justify daily smiting perfetscore for in your opinion being a scammer. Thats not the intention of the system and therefore you are abusing it. If you think perfect score is a scmmmer then let others know, but how can you say others are not using the system for its intention while you are doing the same thing?

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2008, 11:14:48 pm »
Fraud would be a criminal matter : burden of proof is beyond reasonable doubt

I was more-so referring to "cos you told me to?" - ninwa.

Harressing someone is not the intention of the karma system. If your intention is to mark bad posts, how can you justify daily smiting perfetscore for in your opinion being a scammer. Thats not the intention of the system and therefore you are abusing it. If you think perfect score is a scmmmer then let others know, but how can you say others are not using the system for its intention while you are doing the same thing?

I already said it, I do not apply the same rules to scammers.

Fraudulent misrepresentation is a civil matter. You are right that fraud is a criminal matter - and is harder to prove in this instance - but I can't prosecute for it anyway.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 11:16:48 pm by Excalibur »
Former Global Moderator

costargh

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2008, 11:17:06 pm »
LOL!!!
Ok, so the system has a purpose but you can choose to abuse that purpose because you've got a divine right to use a system specifically designed for bad posting, to illustrate potential scammers. Yeh real cool.

hard

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2008, 11:21:21 pm »
LOL!!!
Ok, so the system has a purpose but you can choose to abuse that purpose because you've got a divine right to use a system specifically designed for bad posting, to illustrate potential scammers. Yeh real cool.

i agree with costa here simply because you tell people not to abuse it when you do that exact thing.

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2008, 11:22:56 pm »
LOL!!!

The means justify the ends.

Scammers are, after all, a threat to everyone's RL wellbeing.

I might add that perfectscore is actively avoiding answering the question, which gives minor (circumstantial) credence to my contention that he has attempted to engage in fradulent activities.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 11:28:25 pm by Excalibur »
Former Global Moderator

costargh

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2008, 11:28:42 pm »
But your continually misuse of the karma system will only continue to set examples and precedents for other members who will see the karma system as a 'good and bad posting identification system + anything else that fits under the sun' system.

It's almost as though I cannot mark a persons post as a bad post without copping a 'revenge' karma back...which is not the idea of the system.

So what is the idea of the system then?

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2008, 11:34:22 pm »
But your continually misuse of the karma system will only continue to set examples and precedents for other members who will see the karma system as a 'good and bad posting identification system + anything else that fits under the sun' system.

It's almost as though I cannot mark a persons post as a bad post without copping a 'revenge' karma back...which is not the idea of the system.

So what is the idea of the system then?

I've said it once, and I'll said it again - scammers (and others who engage in activities that actively harm the 'real life' wellbeing of others, and could be potentially criminal) ought to be identified for the safety of everyone on this forum, if not ejected.

The karma system can be piggybacked for this very purpose. Do remember that it is more or less agreed that the said person was advertising links that were easily fraudlent misrepresentations, if not a complete scam.

Otherwise, it ought to be used to mark bad posts ONLY. The pattern of karma usage ought to be, and indeed is mostly, different. 'Karma revenge' would fall out of scope in this instance, however.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 11:35:59 pm by Excalibur »
Former Global Moderator

costargh

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2008, 11:39:24 pm »
Meh I give up. Nite