Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 04, 2024, 07:58:30 pm

Author Topic: Year 11 Macrob Entry!  (Read 1828 times)  Share 

kpopgirl

Year 11 Macrob Entry!
« on: September 09, 2014, 04:57:59 pm »
Hello :)

I am just looking for any tips and advices for preparation for the macrob year 11 test.  Please share the experience if you know someone who tried out for year 11 entry (doesn't matter if they didn't make it, I just need as much advice as possible!).

Thanks

psyxwar

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +81
Re: Year 11 Macrob Entry!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 08:17:29 pm »
+1
Judging by your username, you'd fit right in

Leadership and cocurricular involvements are important for 10/11 entry into mhs, i'd imagine it'd be similar for macrob
VCE 2013-2014
MD/BMedSci 2015-2020

IndefatigableLover

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • What kind of shoes do ninjas wear? Sneakers.
  • Respect: +105
Re: Year 11 Macrob Entry!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 08:20:01 pm »
+2
If you were able to get into JMSS then I'm sure the same procedures apply for the Mac.Rob exam however I would believe it to be more application based (so having the ability to show evidence of something) which will greatly play a part even though there's the exam component. Personally, I believe English is something that should be your strong point when going into the exam (rather than Maths) since English is a compulsory subject (but let's just leave it at that :P)

Though I do have to ask... if you're going to be in Year 10 at JMSS next year then why don't you wait and go experience JMSS before making the decision to go to Mac.Rob (since JMSS is a pretty good school nonetheless)!

(I actually find it weird that Mac.Rob has an entrance exam for Year 11 entry compared to MHS where it's purely application/interview based and no exam).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:22:05 pm by IndefatigableLover »