Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 09:15:33 am

Poll

Should I make a uni journal

yes
no

Author Topic: ✧ J_Rho's VCE Journey ✧  (Read 60005 times)

homeworkisapotato

• MOTM: Aug 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +288
Re: ✧ J_Rho's VCE Journey ✧
« Reply #210 on: August 30, 2020, 04:57:39 pm »
+4
Hey J_Rho, I've just finished reading your journal and it was so addictive!

It sucks that not only are we in lockdown, but you also have the dumb weather events happening. I know it seems like there's no point to anything but I just wanted to shout out that you're amazing and that you perspiring and getting back into routine despite not feeling motivated just shows how resilient and special you are! Keep pushing through and I look forward to more updates!!
2020: Biology [43]
2021: Methods, Chemistry, HHD, English, Further
Selective School Entry Tips

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #211 on: September 04, 2020, 12:38:31 pm »
+9
Homeworkisapotato🥔
First off HOW CUTE IS POTATO EMOJI
Hey J_Rho, I've just finished reading your journal and it was so addictive!

It sucks that not only are we in lockdown, but you also have the dumb weather events happening. I know it seems like there's no point to anything but I just wanted to shout out that you're amazing and that you perspiring and getting back into routine despite not feeling motivated just shows how resilient and special you are! Keep pushing through and I look forward to more updates!!

Thank you for your kind words! it means the world ❤

Mini Update:
Song
The camera technique elevates this music video THAT MUCH

English: Sac went okay actually! I don't think i did amazing but i reckon I scraped a C/C+
Maths: Want to finish matricies this weekend. SAC is in 2 weeks
Legal: Catch up. Sac is in 2 weeks. Kinda giving up on this subject
Bio: I got 82% on the sac, it was out of like 20 marks or some shit so i was initially pissed at my % but thats like 4 marks lost so I can deal with that.
Psych: the sac wasnt too bad. think imma get at least 80%

Weekend Plan:
- Get maths out of the way
- catch up with legal
- start finalising my u4 notes for all my subjects
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

homeworkisapotato

• Forum Leader
« Reply #212 on: September 04, 2020, 12:57:34 pm »
+5
Hey J_Rho! The emoji is soo cool and CUTE where did you get it from???
Amazing job in Bio! Getting 82% is not easy as Bio teachers are really good at finding mistakes so be proud  :D
That camera technique is amazing! I love these type of camera movements because they make me feel as if I'm there and all hyped up.
All the best for the weekend up ahead, I'm sure you'll finish all your goals  ;D

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #213 on: September 04, 2020, 04:44:15 pm »
Hey J_Rho!

What do you mean by finalising your notes? Like, just getting things organised, or finishing off the final sections of content etc.? Or both? Or neither? :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #214 on: September 04, 2020, 04:52:07 pm »
+7
Hey J_Rho! The emoji is soo cool and CUTE where did you get it from???
Amazing job in Bio! Getting 82% is not easy as Bio teachers are really good at finding mistakes so be proud  :D
That camera technique is amazing! I love these type of camera movements because they make me feel as if I'm there and all hyped up.
All the best for the weekend up ahead, I'm sure you'll finish all your goals  ;D
I literally just googled potato emoji!!! Thank you! I hope you have a productive weekend (i loved reading your journal), your exam plan looks great!

Hey J_Rho!

What do you mean by finalising your notes? Like, just getting things organised, or finishing off the final sections of content etc.? Or both? Or neither? :)
Hey J41!
Hope your going well :)
Both. I need to finish off some stuff (mainly legal) and then I'm going to check my notes address all the study design dot points in enough depth. I also might end up doing something similar to what CM did last year (printed out the study design dot points and then annotated the pages with the most cruicial notes) but on A3 so I can have then as posters!
— VCE —

— University —

homeworkisapotato

• Forum Leader
« Reply #215 on: September 04, 2020, 06:11:04 pm »
+3
I literally just googled potato emoji!!!
AHAHAHA now I sound dumb!

Thank you! I hope you have a productive weekend (i loved reading your journal), your exam plan looks great!
Aww thank you, you're so sweet! Your study checklist thread is amazing!

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
« Reply #216 on: September 05, 2020, 08:14:04 am »
+6
I stumbled onto your journal and read from the beginning... and read... and read... and finished up here. It's fascinating :)
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #217 on: September 13, 2020, 10:10:56 am »
+8
Cat in The Hat🎩
I stumbled onto your journal and read from the beginning... and read... and read... and finished up here. It's fascinating :)
Thank you so much for reading! I'm honoured

homeworkisapotato 🥔
AHAHAHA now I sound dumb!
Aww thank you, you're so sweet! Your study checklist thread is amazing!
Not at all, I didnt know it existed till this year!
Aww, I'm glad you like the study checklist! I have been super unmotivated and i saw that other members were too - hoping its helpful :)

Feels like its been longer then 2 weeks since I last updated

I have a math (Tuesday) and legal (thursday at 8AM WHO THOUGHT OF THAT GREAT IDEA) sac next week at school and we dont love that. I still havent finished the matricies exercises, which is my plan for today and at the rate im going ill have it done by lunch time giving me time to start of legal prep or revise matricies and do some extra work.
I have been procrastinating so so so so bad BUT i found the cure! I have been looking at purchasing a new surfboard and a chlorine resistant wetsuit (for both work and surfing). So i told myself if i can get all my sac prep done by today I can buy a new wetsuit AND when i finish all my notes etc for exams and do ONE praccy exam for each subject I can buy a new surfboard. So far it seems to be working because i really really realy would LOVE a new board and I havent been able to justify it because mid price ones are around $900 and I should be saving my money.

English
I'm so happy the comarative is over, and I did the best I could even tho I feel i didn't compare enough and was using more examples from one thext then the other. Hopefully I can improve this skill so i can smash the exam.
We are starting our (not)Oral presentation which is going to be a letter to the editor but not more then 300 words which seems not too bad! its 10 marks so I'm aiming for 10/10 because I dont think i did so flash on the comp.

Maths
This is the one class I wish was in person, its so hard to ask questions and get the teacher to explain something over video call. I've been travelling pretty slowly and am almost done matricies.

Psych
🤮 this class sucks at the moment! Like im enjoying the content but the delivery is HORRIBLE AND I AM SO OVER THIS CLASS! not lookign forward to in person, at least online i can chose not to watch the recordings and just do it by myself.

Bio
We are travelling super slow, and the class is behind and im just cruising. We only just started AOS2 for u4.

Legal
This class doesnt have video calls or video recordings. so i've not been doing the set homework.... 😬

Extra-curricular
SES Training has been online, and i really need to finish and send out the minutes for the working group!

To Do

Sunday
- Finish Matricies & Assignment 13
- Finish Bound Reference
- Legal SAC prep
      - watch edrolo
      - finish notes (hopefully)

Monday
- Matricies sac revision
      - checkpoints
      - cambridge chapter 13 ALL extended response questions
      - edrolo chapter check
      - Google form matricies quiz
      - neap extended response

Tuesday: MATH SAC DAY
- Legal SAC prep
      - finish notes if not done
      - ALL U4AOS2 Checkpoints

Wednesday
Buffer - in case I over estimate my ability

Thursday: legal sac day (scheduled way too early)
- Finish diagrams in my biology notes

Friday
- Finish U4AOS2 Psych Notes

I'll update on Sunday, and hopefully I'll have ordered a wesuit and am close to purchasing a new board! I hope everyone enjoys the last week of Term 3!

What are your plans for the holidays?
— VCE —

— University —

homeworkisapotato

• Forum Leader
« Reply #218 on: September 13, 2020, 10:27:21 am »
+4
Aww, I'm glad you like the study checklist! I have been super unmotivated and i saw that other members were too - hoping its helpful :)
[/spoiler]

It is very helpful indeed!

I have a math (Tuesday) and legal (thursday at 8AM WHO THOUGHT OF THAT GREAT IDEA) sac next week at school and we dont love that.
HAHAHA good luck! The way schools are organising stuff this year is so annoying

So far it seems to be working because i really really realy would LOVE a new board and I havent been able to justify it because mid price ones are around $900 and I should be saving my money.
It's great that you've found your motivation with a handy reward system. It's okay to treat yourself once in a while, you deserve this!

We are travelling super slow, and the class is behind and im just cruising. We only just started AOS2 for u4.
That's so weird!

What are your plans for the holidays?[/i]
Study mostly, plan for the term ahead, do some extra cooking as well!

I'm sure you'll have ordered your wetsuit! Do you buy black or blue, or prefer a more colourful design?

bluebird

• Forum Regular
  • (she/her)
  • Respect: +43
« Reply #219 on: September 16, 2020, 11:18:37 am »
+5
wowow J_Rho i rlly love reading through ur journal, its rlly amazing to see u power thru and one heck of a year, online. it has definitely inspired me. good luck for ur legal sac  ;D and hopefully ur maths one went well. im sure u did gr8.
"I have been procrastinating so so so so bad" (still figuring AN out bear with me) me tooooooo i know it aint the same bc im in yr10 but everyone i've talked to has said the exact same thing since quarantine started so hopefully that's a bit of comfort. I'm glad you have found the cure tho ;)
my plans for the holidays are extremely not interesting consisting of watching youtube and shows and then regretting it on sunday night just b4 monday and completing all my assignments and hw then.
VCE 2021: Biology | HHD [50]
VCE 2022: Methods | Chemistry | Literature | English Language

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #220 on: October 31, 2020, 04:28:40 pm »
+6
Hey J_Rho!

How's it going? :)
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #221 on: November 13, 2020, 05:56:38 pm »
+13
I was in a car accident and im getting derived scores for all my exams, i dont know how it really works BUT thats not what im asking.

These are the lowest sac scores i got for these subjects and are lower then my averages but lets assume they my avereages i dont wanna get my hopes up
English: 70%
Maths: 60%
Bio: 90%
Legal: 60%
Psych: 80%

What kind of ballpark study scores could i be looking at and do you think i might be able to get an atar good enough to get me into uni or should i asume the worst and start looking to apply to tafes

pls dont relpy with condolences or whatever, its really quite hard as ive been working towards atar and uni and all of a sudden i cant even hold a cup of tea, let alone get out of bed or write an essay without my muscles spazaming and being in a lot of pain.
i might update my journal with some details later if im not too tired
essentially my tyre blew on a gravel road which was too loose and as its a 100kmph road (i was going 50 max 60) i lost control of the car (stupid front wheel drives, fkn only good for smooth bitumin) and i flipped it twice. nothings broken just lots of pain.
— VCE —

— University —

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
« Reply #222 on: November 13, 2020, 06:21:51 pm »
+4
I was in a car accident and im getting derived scores for all my exams, i dont know how it really works BUT thats not what im asking.

These are the lowest sac scores i got for these subjects and are lower then my averages but lets assume they my avereages i dont wanna get my hopes up
English: 70%
Maths: 60%
Bio: 90%
Legal: 60%
Psych: 80%

What kind of ballpark study scores could i be looking at and do you think i might be able to get an atar good enough to get me into uni or should i asume the worst and start looking to apply to tafes

pls dont relpy with condolences or whatever, its really quite hard as ive been working towards atar and uni and all of a sudden i cant even hold a cup of tea, let alone get out of bed or write an essay without my muscles spazaming and being in a lot of pain.
i might update my journal with some details later if im not too tired
essentially my tyre blew on a gravel road which was too loose and as its a 100kmph road (i was going 50 max 60) i lost control of the car (stupid front wheel drives, fkn only good for smooth bitumin) and i flipped it twice. nothings broken just lots of pain.
Derived scores come from I think a mixture of your SAC marks and mostly the GAT - which is why they DO the GAT. Mainly they come from the GAT. So if you did well in the GAT you'll get good exam scores, I believe. (I know someone who calculated if they'd got a DES for each subject they would've actually done better than they did.)

Running the SAC scores through as unit 3, unit 4 and exam, through keltingmeith's study score calculator, you'd get (selecting the middle score in the range):
English - ~34.5
Maths - ~29
Bio - ~42
Legal - ~30.5
Psych - ~38

And running that through the ATAR calculator here on AN, it's giving an ATAR of just over 81, based on last year's data. There's a lot of guesswork in this, obviously, though.

So it looks like you'll be very much fine as far as your ATAR is concerned.
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #223 on: November 13, 2020, 06:35:48 pm »
Derived scores come from I think a mixture of your SAC marks and mostly the GAT - which is why they DO the GAT. Mainly they come from the GAT. So if you did well in the GAT you'll get good exam scores, I believe. (I know someone who calculated if they'd got a DES for each subject they would've actually done better than they did.)

Running the SAC scores through as unit 3, unit 4 and exam, through keltingmeith's study score calculator, you'd get (selecting the middle score in the range):
English - ~34.5
Maths - ~29
Bio - ~42
Legal - ~30.5
Psych - ~38

And running that through the ATAR calculator here on AN, it's giving an ATAR of just over 81, based on last year's data. There's a lot of guesswork in this, obviously, though.

So it looks like you'll be very much fine as far as your ATAR is concerned.

idk how i did on the gat tho like thats the 'unpredictable' element. i have no idea...i think i went good but who knows!
thank you though!
— VCE —

— University —

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #224 on: November 13, 2020, 06:49:56 pm »
+4
Do you have any idea of your rank and how students in your cohort tend to /  are likely to perform?