Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 06:50:06 am

Author Topic: UoM Timetables  (Read 66943 times)  Share 

AppleThief

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
Re: UoM Timetables
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2009, 05:17:29 pm »
Another one doing "Mind, Brain and Behaviour" 1 & 2 here :D

ElephantStew

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2009, 05:33:55 pm »
our tutorials are different but lectures are

Yay...Another Arts person! What other subjects are you doing?
yay for arts....im doing Democracy, International Politics, Principles of Marketing, Mind, Brain & Behaviour 1,    
Globalisation, Law in Society, Principles of Business Law, Mind, Brain and Behaviour 2

LOL dude heaps of our subjects are the same...

I'm doing Democracy, International Poltics, Mind, Brain and Behaviour 1, Age of Revolutions:America and France, Principles of Marketing, Understanding Asia, Seeing: the whole picture and Mind, Brain and Behaviour 2.
hahaha how convenient....i was gonna do age of revolutions but i didnt really wanna do a history :P
2007:
International Studies (37)

2008:
Eng Lang
Latin
Legal
Methods
Revolutions
Monash Enhancement Study - History

2009:
BA (Bachelor of Awesomeness) @ The University of Melbourne

champorado

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • f yeh.
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2009, 05:54:04 pm »
Yeah I changed it through that. Maybe it's just the Arts student centre that has a huge backlog of requests to change subjects?
round 1 offers
arts: 1518
science: 1291
commerce: 684

so yeah, i'd guess commerce is so quick cos we don't have as many students.

squance

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2009, 06:30:47 pm »
I will never get to have a 4 day-uni week ever again!! :( :(
STUPID CHEMICAL PROCESS ANALYSIS 1!!
ARRGH!!

Ken

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2009, 07:03:28 pm »
^ but "Chemical Process Analysis" sounds sxc....

monicak

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2009, 08:00:23 pm »
I am really annoyed because I changed one of my subjects almost two weeks ago and it still hasn't been approved. Because of that, there's a subject on my timetable that I'm not even doing! I rang the student centre about it yesterday and they were like, "we're trying to get to it but we have about 5000 other requests etc". Argh, so annoying.

I had a similar problem. I added my breadth subjects in on Monday and the change still wasn't approved today. I went to Melb Uni Science Student Centre to sort out the issue today (as I was in the city anyway), and the guy at the desk approved the subjects on the spot :S If it hasn't been approved by tomorrow, maybe you should go and speak to the student centre. It takes them about 2 seconds to approve the subjects!
Now I have to change my subjects again :( and if they're not approved by tomorrow morning, I will go to the student centre again. I don't want to end up with a crap timetable.

Edmund

• Dr. Ruler Snapper
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +95
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2009, 08:07:35 pm »
I am really annoyed because I changed one of my subjects almost two weeks ago and it still hasn't been approved. Because of that, there's a subject on my timetable that I'm not even doing! I rang the student centre about it yesterday and they were like, "we're trying to get to it but we have about 5000 other requests etc". Argh, so annoying.

I had a similar problem. I added my breadth subjects in on Monday and the change still wasn't approved today. I went to Melb Uni Science Student Centre to sort out the issue today (as I was in the city anyway), and the guy at the desk approved the subjects on the spot :S If it hasn't been approved by tomorrow, maybe you should go and speak to the student centre. It takes them about 2 seconds to approve the subjects!
Now I have to change my subjects again :( and if they're not approved by tomorrow morning, I will go to the student centre again. I don't want to end up with a crap timetable.
How come theres a guy there who can approve?? The last time I went, she said she didnt know what to do, so she wrote down my problem on a bit of paper and said she would pass it to a student adviser to look at (The bit of paper probably got lost some how...)
2007-2008 VCE ATAR 90.15
2009-2011 BSc (Unimelb)
2012-2015 DDS (Unimelb)

Booksale: Drugs That Shape Society, Forests in a Global Context

AppleThief

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2009, 08:14:56 pm »
How come theres a guy there who can approve?? The last time I went, she said she didnt know what to do, so she wrote down my problem on a bit of paper and said she would pass it to a student adviser to look at (The bit of paper probably got lost some how...)
Maybe he was a course adviser. They can approve on the spot, can't they?

squance

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2009, 08:17:45 pm »
I had one of my subjects for which I did not have the prerequisites for "approved" by the system.
Should I stay in the subject or enrol out of it?

monicak

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2009, 08:18:17 pm »
I went between 12 and 2, when there is a student adviser at the student centre desk. My subjects in the Portal homepage/enrolment details and add/drop/change subjects were different, so I just went in and he said he could fix it on the spot. I asked about changing my subjects again. He said that if I did it this evening, they "should" be approved by tomorrow. If they're not, I will go in again and demand that they approve them! Don't want to wait any longer, in case all my classes fill up!

username

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • !
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2009, 08:43:21 pm »
I looked at my timetable today and it's like this -

Would you say that it's TOO full? How do I even know if I can arrange my subjects so that it falls on a day where I have no uni at all? I don't really like that i have to be there til 5pm.. :(

Edmund

• Dr. Ruler Snapper
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +95
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2009, 08:48:10 pm »
I looked at my timetable today and it's like this -

(Image removed from quote.)

Would you say that it's TOO full? How do I even know if I can arrange my subjects so that it falls on a day where I have no uni at all? I don't really like that i have to be there til 5pm.. :(
Sorry to say but you will have to be there till 6pm..

Mind, Brain starts at 5 and ends at 6 lol
2007-2008 VCE ATAR 90.15
2009-2011 BSc (Unimelb)
2012-2015 DDS (Unimelb)

Booksale: Drugs That Shape Society, Forests in a Global Context

username

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • !
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2009, 08:54:20 pm »
:((((((((((

squance

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2009, 08:54:44 pm »
I remember Psych always had those late night lectures :P
I went to the first few and then I skipped the rest...I mean, listening to the audio recordings was enough for me in psych :P

champorado

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • f yeh.
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2009, 08:57:09 pm »
yah, i thought i made a mistake. they should have the times on the lines, though, with six on the very bottom line. 9-6!