Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 10:46:23 pm

Author Topic: The Holographic Universe  (Read 1052 times)  Share 

/0

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +45
The Holographic Universe
« on: January 03, 2010, 12:43:12 am »
I'm currently reading "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot, which talks about the "holographic theory". For those who don't know about it, hopefully this will introduce you: http://www.crystalinks.com/holographic.html

The holographic theory attempts to explain lots of psychological (e.g. dreams, memory, personality disorders) and physical phenomena (e.g. EPR) which have been mysteries, and even tries to explain the paranormal.

It's an entirely different worldview to the norm - the universe isn't as we perceive it; our individualities are merely vortices in a continuum of consciousness... it's pretty trippy shit and I am hopeless at explaining it

But yeah, anyway I'm wondering what other people think about it. I don't know if it's really science or philosophy... the lines are beginning to blur anyway. Nonetheless it is fascinating.

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +66
Re: The Holographic Universe
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 01:46:20 am »
i've heard of this awhile ago, but completely forgot about it, i'm so gonna look into this again! thanks for posting.
2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

2011: BSc @ UoM

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

20XX: MEDICINE

kyzoo

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +23
Re: The Holographic Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 02:20:45 am »
I'm currently reading "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot, which talks about the "holographic theory". For those who don't know about it, hopefully this will introduce you: http://www.crystalinks.com/holographic.html
It's an entirely different worldview to the norm - the universe isn't as we perceive it; our individualities are merely vortices in a continuum of consciousness... it's pretty trippy shit and I am hopeless at explaining it

I've seen this idea in another book - "Power vs. Force" by David Hawkins. I really don't know what to think of, =( it's just such a weird idea that it transcends logic.

There's also this idea that there are "Levels of Consciousness" where Jesus, Buddha, and the like had levels from 600-1000, and the average human being has a level of 200-250. And it's an logarithmetic scale as well 0.o
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 03:35:53 am by kyzoo »
~ Methods (Non-CAS) [48 --> 49.4]

~ Spesh [50 --> 51.6]
~ Physics [50 --> 50]
~ Chem [43 --> 46.5]
~ English [46 --> 46.2]
~ UMEP Maths [5.0]

2010 ATAR: 99.90
Aggregate 206.8

NOTE: PLEASE CONTACT ME ON EMAIL - [email protected] if you are looking for a swift reply.