Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 06, 2024, 02:11:49 am

Author Topic: Microsoft word blues  (Read 521 times)  Share 

Darren

Microsoft word blues
« on: March 30, 2011, 09:58:05 pm »
I'm on the verge of smashing my laptop. Heres the problem, with Microsoft word I want to keep the indentation at a default.. I set it to 0 but the problem is it keeps moving. It moves whenever I use a bullet. So whenever I click bullet, the default indentation is shifted forwards and I have to manually move it back... which is annoying. Usually I just have to backspace the bullet twice in order to return to the usual 0 indentation.
Can someone please help me? I know it's confusing but just direct me somehow.. I've tried everything.. is there a way to just reset the default factory settings? I'm pretty sure it's screwed up

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
Re: Microsoft word blues
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 01:05:50 am »

Which version of Word? Probably easiest to just chuck in the installation disc and reinstall...
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||

Mao

• CH41RMN
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +390
  • School: Kambrya College
  • School Grad Year: 2008
Re: Microsoft word blues
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 01:37:21 am »
I'm on the verge of smashing my laptop. Heres the problem, with Microsoft word I want to keep the indentation at a default.. I set it to 0 but the problem is it keeps moving. It moves whenever I use a bullet. So whenever I click bullet, the default indentation is shifted forwards and I have to manually move it back... which is annoying. Usually I just have to backspace the bullet twice in order to return to the usual 0 indentation.
Can someone please help me? I know it's confusing but just direct me somehow.. I've tried everything.. is there a way to just reset the default factory settings? I'm pretty sure it's screwed up

Indentation on listing is the default behaviour. Not sure how to change it but that's what it's 'supposed' to do. You can modify the indentation graphically with the ruler (look around to enable to 'ruler' if it isn't already, it's a toolbar with numbers on top and on the left of the page).
Editor for ATARNotes Chemistry study guides.

VCE 2008 | Monash BSc (Chem., Appl. Math.) 2009-2011 | UoM BScHon (Chem.) 2012 | UoM PhD (Chem.) 2013-2015