Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 10:21:19 am

Author Topic: Bachelor of Applied Science (Psychology)/Bachelor of Social Work  (Read 1481 times)  Share 

walkec

Bachelor of Applied Science (Psychology)/Bachelor of Social Work
« on: December 10, 2012, 12:09:39 pm »
So in terms of the psychology side of things, I'm really interested in this course, but have not chosen to do psychology next year (year 11). Would not doing psychology at either 1/2 or 3/4 level put me at a disavantage? If I don't like the psychology part in the applied science degree, do you think I could transfer into straight social work? (This is also offered at RMIT)

Because I really really like all my subjects, so I wouldn't want to get rid of any just to do psychology. Saying that though, can you pick up psychology as a 3/4 without the 1/2?

Genericname2365

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +11
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: Bachelor of Applied Science (Psychology)/Bachelor of Social Work
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 12:28:05 pm »
Because I really really like all my subjects, so I wouldn't want to get rid of any just to do psychology. Saying that though, can you pick up psychology as a 3/4 without the 1/2?
Definitely - you just need to make sure you go over the research methods chapter thoroughly in year 12 (or whenever you do the 3/4.) I don't imagine that you would be at a disadvantage for not doing psychology in school, but a uni person might know better than me.
ATAR: 93.35
Bachelor of Arts at UoM