Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 02:00:18 pm

Author Topic: Is engineering for me?  (Read 9768 times)  Share 

Mr Keshy

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Get in my Beamer Benz or Bentley
  • Respect: +68
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: Is engineering for me?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2012, 12:17:17 am »
Yeah definitely do spesh, then you can progressively work out what you want to do as the year goes on. If you don't know what you want then do BComm/BEng at Monash or alternatively BComm/MEng at Melb they're both the same really.

Thanks once again for the thorough advice mate.
Please... Call me Kesh

Subjects

English, Physics, Chemistry, Methods, Further, Business

nisha

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Hum Honge Kamyab.
  • Respect: +117
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 12:18:16 am »
Or you could become a tradie--> become a mechanic  :P
Melbourne University-Science-Second year

Am taking in students for CHEMISTRY and MATHS METHODS tuition for 2014 as well as first year chemistry. If interested, pm me. Flexible with location.

"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught [/i]

Mr Keshy

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2012, 12:21:10 am »
Or you could become a tradie--> become a mechanic  :P

Nisha, Nisha, Nisha.....

How do you that'll go with the 'rents??

:P
Please... Call me Kesh

Subjects

nisha

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Hum Honge Kamyab.
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2012, 12:22:47 am »
Nisha, Nisha, Nisha.....

How do you that'll go with the 'rents??

:P

Lol. You worry way too much. The money is cash in hand. Which means no taxes. I mean, look, its made for you.

And there are heaps of curry businesses out there. You'll get in.

Oh. You were joking.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 12:26:08 am by nisha »

Am taking in students for CHEMISTRY and MATHS METHODS tuition for 2014 as well as first year chemistry. If interested, pm me. Flexible with location.

"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught [/i]

Mr Keshy

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2012, 12:31:28 am »
Lol. You worry way too much. The money is cash in hand. Which means no taxes. I mean, look, its made for you.

And there are heaps of curry businesses out there. You'll get in.

I think working on my own RX-8 will satisfy my need :)

Isn't it a thing of beauty?

BTW, isn't that tax evasion.. lol!

I mean yes, as a curry, I'd go to far lengths to avoid paying taxes but where's the line?
Please... Call me Kesh

Subjects

curry_bro

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2012, 12:34:55 am »

I think working on my own RX-8 will satisfy my need :)
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c97/konigs/RX8%20Morgan%20Stanley%20Structure/IMG_0684_5_6_tonemapped.jpg

Isn't it a thing of beauty?

BTW, isn't that tax evasion.. lol!

I mean yes, as a curry, I'd go to far lengths to avoid paying taxes but where's the line?

i know that youre my bro, but im definitely green with envy after looking at that dazzling piece of work! you should take me out for a spin dude :D

but in all seriousness, why dont you do an engineering/commerce degree @ monash and run a car shop, where you are also the mechanic?

nisha

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Hum Honge Kamyab.
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2012, 12:36:36 am »
Lol, its pretty spectacular.
There are no lines with curries :P

This has gone way off topic...lol. I shall stop now.

But DO SPESH. It saved me completely. I've heard a Comm/Eng is very full on, so be careful of that. But yea.

Mr Keshy

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2012, 12:40:40 am »

Lol, its pretty spectacular.
There are no lines with curries :P

This has gone way off topic...lol. I shall stop now.

But DO SPESH. It saved me completely. I've heard a Comm/Eng is very full on, so be careful of that. But yea.

:P You have parents to worry about, and the Aunties for god sake!!!

yeah, I have a habbit of putting things off topic..

I will do spesh, it scared me because people have been telling me you need to be super dooper with maths otherwise you'll fail. But I'll face it head on and see what happens. Can I ask what you got for spesh? PM me if you don't want to say here or something..

Please... Call me Kesh

Subjects

Mr Keshy

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2012, 12:41:37 am »
i know that youre my bro, but im definitely green with envy after looking at that dazzling piece of work! you should take me out for a spin dude :D

but in all seriousness, why dont you do an engineering/commerce degree @ monash and run a car shop, where you are also the mechanic?

A+ or top of class in all my SAC's and that beauty is sitting on our drive way in June. That's the deal, hopefully :) I will take you for a spin. We'll have a meet at the end of exams next year or you can just call up on my birthday and we'll go tear up the streets!!

It's the money that's hard to get to be honest, I will one day though, definitely, even if I'm not a mechanic but the owner, I'd love to own a performance car shop.. I went for a walk today and dreamt about it. I really want it now. I'll work hard. I'll get it someday
Please... Call me Kesh

Subjects

BigAl

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +43
  • School: Isik College
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2013, 12:56:21 am »
Why would you limit yourself with cars? There are ships, airplanes and lots of machines that involve engineering...from what I know there are people working as maintance and design engineers..
2012 ATAR:88.90

2013-2015 Bachelor of Aerospace Engineering and Science (dropped in 2015)
2015-2017 Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)

Mr Keshy

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2013, 09:33:56 am »
Why would you limit yourself with cars? There are ships, airplanes and lots of machines that involve engineering...from what I know there are people working as maintance and design engineers..

I'm not so sure on engineering now that I look at it unfortunately, because of my lack of maths skills! But I still want to in the back of my mind! But could you elaborate? and even in terms of employment here in Australia?
Please... Call me Kesh

Subjects

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2013, 09:29:53 pm »
+1
Degrees BUILD skills, Kesh. A friend of mine only did Methods, said he didn't fully understand it but could do most of it, went into Eng and everything clicked for him once he was forced to work with the math deeply. I didn't know shit about Philosophy before I took the subject, but now my mind is being trained to think in that type of way.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Kanye East

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
  • School: John Monash Science School
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2013, 11:46:44 pm »
+2
I'm not so sure on engineering now that I look at it unfortunately, because of my lack of maths skills!
Just gonna say that you shouldn't let the math you do in VCE completely define your mathematical capabilities in general.
I got 35 in methods, which isn't amazing, but not bad either. For every methods SAC, I was only just passing and I even still remember getting 42% on the highest contributing methods SAC.
Just remember that math in uni and math in high school are structured differently (imo). VCE math intends to seperate students to create a rank whereas uni math aims to test you on what you know.
As long as you put the effort in, you can do well. Last semester, I did Foundation Math (spesh equivalent) in engineering and throughout the semester,the effort that I put into this unit was no where near the amount of effort I put into methods, which I worked my ass off for. In the end, I got a distinction, which I over the moon with haha
2011: Biology [41]
2012: English [40] Mathematical Methods [35] Chemistry [35] Physics [36] Physical Education [37]
ATAR: 94.05
2013: Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Commerce at Monash University

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

MagicGecko

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • W3$T $IDe I$ B3$T $!D3
  • Respect: +43
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2013, 09:20:58 pm »
+1
Just gonna say that you shouldn't let the math you do in VCE completely define your mathematical capabilities in general.
I got 35 in methods, which isn't amazing, but not bad either. For every methods SAC, I was only just passing and I even still remember getting 42% on the highest contributing methods SAC.
Just remember that math in uni and math in high school are structured differently (imo). VCE math intends to seperate students to create a rank whereas uni math aims to test you on what you know.
As long as you put the effort in, you can do well. Last semester, I did Foundation Math (spesh equivalent) in engineering and throughout the semester,the effort that I put into this unit was no where near the amount of effort I put into methods, which I worked my ass off for. In the end, I got a distinction, which I over the moon with haha

Just as Kanye East says (nice name btw haha), even though math and physics is pretty much what engineering is all about, the real learning of them start in uni. As long as you slightly remember/recognise certain parts in math and physics you should be fine.
Take it from a guy that didn't even do methods, spesh or physics in year 12 VCE. This year i did 2 math subjects and 1 physics subject, I have worked my ass off and pulled 1 distinction and 2 High Distinctions which I was stoked about! So even if you are not good at math, if you put in the effort you will succeed.  :)

2013-2016:
Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical)(Honours) @ RMIT

~Full-Time Biomedical Engineer~

"im not crying there’s just overpriced college education in my eye" ~ abigalmills-tumblr