Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 11:01:06 am

Author Topic: Psychology at Deakin?  (Read 3020 times)  Share 

mizz_sara

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Psychology at Deakin?
« on: July 20, 2013, 08:50:51 pm »
+1
Hi everyone!  :)

I'm interested in studying Psychology at Deakin (specifically I want to study Bachelor of Psychological Science at Dandenong learning Hub (+ Graduate diploma in Psychology (either at deakin or monash). + Masters in Psychology (Educational & Developmental) at monash) I'm willing to study 6 years to become a registered Psychologist!

Psychology at Monash requires a atar of +90 (which i don't think i'm gonna get) and i'm more interested studying at the dandenong hub as it is alot closer to home and for now I dont think I'm ready for the real on-campus uni experience, so studying at the hub would be alot more appealing to me to and after finishing the bachelor would love to study at monash (clayton)

Anyways, I just wanted to see if anyone here studies Psychology at Deakin and would love to hear your experience about the course, uni etc.

and to any of you studying psychology at any other uni, how has the experience of studying Psychology been?
(Is it hard? I dropped maths in yr 11 so... How much maths is involved? Would you recommend it? Is it similar to VCE psychology? etc)

Feel free to add in any info relevant as I'm still deciding what I wanna apply for!  ???
Thanks heaps!  :D

teletubbies_95

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • heartbreaker <3 JB
  • Respect: +24
  • School: Mac.Rob
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: Psychology at Deakin?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 09:03:30 pm »
Hi ,

I'm doing Uni Extension Psychology at Deakin University! :) I just do one unit , HPS111A ( Intro to Psychology A) and the content is very similar to VCE Psychology , but with more new research  which is really interesting! It's moderately difficult. So we had 3 assignments , one was a Deconstructed Report ( we got to choose out of 6-7 reports-ie. Piaget , and make it into a understandable in layman's terms) , Content roadmaps ( they dont have an exam for this unit , so you have to have "mind map " sorta thing for each unit)  and a reflective journal ( when you write your feelings,etc about being at uni). The second semester is essentially the same !
Good luck! :)
2012: Psychology(46) Biology (44)
2013: Chem(41)---EngLang(44)--HealthnHuman(47)---Methods(41)--DEAKIN PSYCH(4.5)
ATAR=99.10! :) umat=94ile
i liek lala :) arre bhaiya aal izz well :) <3

mizz_sara

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 09:16:30 pm »
Thanks so much for the info! I wish I knew about the Extension program earlier so I would have been able to apply for it! (only found out about it a few days ago)!

ShortBlackChick

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 12:44:33 am »
You could always think of doing a Bachelor of Arts and majoring in Psychology at Clayton!
2010: History Revolutions 35
2011: English 3/4, Accounting 3/4, Economics 3/4, Mathematical Methods 3/4, International Studies 3/4.

This C**t, under the name of anonymous, started giving me shit and I called him a C**t and now look. I'm f****n banned.