Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 07:36:36 am

Author Topic: 2013 exam discussion and no-tolerance policy  (Read 6149 times)  Share 

Damoz.G

Re: 2013 exam discussion and no-tolerance policy
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 08:20:53 pm »
+1
This is probably the stupidest question ever, but the "exam discussion" board is for after exams right?

I was so tempted to start a topic, but then no one else has so no need to be the cretin of atarnotes :P

Thats actually a good question, not a stupid one. I wasn't sure about them either.

I assumed it was for discussion AFTER the Exam has finished, but why would we need a whole set of forum categories for that? Why not just have a Thread to discuss it? ???

May be we're both missing something here. :P

EDIT: Thanks Lasercookie. :)

alondouek

• Subject Review God
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Oh to be a Gooner!
  • Respect: +316
  • School: Leibler Yavneh College
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 08:26:40 pm »
They're there to keep the other subject boards fairly need post-exams (if you look back, they're kinda cluttered with "how did you find the exam" or "what did you get for this question" threads).

Having one thread is what would be the easiest to do, but logic an precedent tells us that we'd end up with plenty of the above ones anyway :)
2013-2016
Majoring in Genetics and Developmental Biology

2012 ATAR: 96.55
English [48] Biology [40]

Need a driving instructor? Mobility Driving School

Damoz.G

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 08:36:26 pm »
They're there to keep the other subject boards fairly need post-exams (if you look back, they're kinda cluttered with "how did you find the exam" or "what did you get for this question" threads).

Having one thread is what would be the easiest to do, but logic an precedent tells us that we'd end up with plenty of the above ones anyway :)

Ahh okay, pretty true. That makes a lot more sense. :P

Lasercookie

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +326
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 08:38:46 pm »
I assumed it was for discussion AFTER the Exam has finished, but why would we need a whole set of forum categories for that? Why not just have a Thread to discuss it? ???
I think the main reason is that some people might want to zone out exam discussion, so this separates the forums neatly. Also there'll be multiple threads that pop up about the exam, whether that be jokes, proposed exam solutions, scanned copies of the exam (some of which would end up stickied) etc. It also makes archiving all that discussion once everything's done easier too.