Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 30, 2024, 12:03:41 am

Author Topic: Clearly In?  (Read 1306 times)  Share 

90+FTW

Clearly In?
« on: December 28, 2013, 01:26:11 am »
Click here to hide this post again.
December 28, 2013, 01:26:11 am - Hidden.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 01:46:40 am by 90+FTW »

el tigrč chinő

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Clearly In?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 01:30:51 am »
+2
I feel as if you are in a sense being a bit self indulgent and grandstanding yourself with threads like these. You know you've got an ATAR sufficient to enter the course, as has been reiterated to you several times by other users and even the head of Faculty. Why do you keep bringing this up? Is it some kind of deluded self importance that you feel you must second guess a score that is over 4 ATAR points (91->95) higher than the highest clearly in ever for this course?

I'm sorry if this comes off as any kind of attack, but I do believe the way you've carried yourself through this process leaves a lot to be desired.

90+FTW

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 01:33:26 am »
I feel as if you are in a sense being a bit self indulgent and grandstanding yourself with threads like these. You know you've got an ATAR sufficient to enter the course, as has been reiterated to you several times by other users and even the head of Faculty. Why do you keep bringing this up? Is it some kind of deluded self importance that you feel you must second guess a score that is over 4 ATAR points (91->95) higher than the highest clearly in ever for this course?

I'm sorry if this comes off as any kind of attack, but I do believe the way you've carried yourself through this process leaves a lot to be desired.

No no, I am seriously curious. I have friend, she's really displeased with her ATAR, and she only JUST covered the clearly in. I'm asking on her behalf (she doesn't have an account) and I really don't want to go into it (it's not my business to share) but please don't make rude assumptions. YOU COULDN'T BE MORE WRONG. And if you think I'm self indulgent (no.lmao) I am the very opposite of this. Naive assumptions really end up making you look like an idiot, but I'm sure you're not, so please just answer the question next time or move on.

alondouek

• Subject Review God
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Oh to be a Gooner!
  • Respect: +316
  • School: Leibler Yavneh College
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 01:33:58 am »
+3

Settle down, there's nothing wrong with OP asking a question if there's something she's not sure about.
2013-2016
Majoring in Genetics and Developmental Biology

2012 ATAR: 96.55
English [48] Biology [40]

Need a driving instructor? Mobility Driving School

90+FTW

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 01:37:47 am »
Settle down, there's nothing wrong with OP asking a question if there's something she's not sure about.

Thank you, I really just want to help my friend with this, and I really didn't expect to be attacked. This question has nothing to do with me. I just...
at least not everyone is quick to judge :')

el tigrč chinő

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 01:39:57 am »
+4
But this question has been asked by 90+FTW - several times before. In different threads. To which she's recieved the same answer - several times.

If you're asking on behalf of a friend, why not just state that? Context is everything online.

Again, I'm not 'riled up' - it's just a little disconcerting to see something like this when you take the perspective of a student who has an ATAR a whole lot closer to, if not below the clearly in of last year. Why? Because they'll think - "Shit, if a girl who got ~95 thinks she might not get into BA at UniMelb, then what hope do I have with XX.XX ATAR, that is below the clearly in."

It's just a bit of consideration for others who are going through a tough few weeks. That's all.

Hancock

• SUPER ENGINEERING MAN
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +270
  • School: Ringwood Secondary College
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 01:43:35 am »
+2
No one can tell you your chances if you're close the last years clearly-in. I somewhat agree with el tigre, because you (90+) from your previous threads on the subject, have been told numerous things about being close to / above the clearly-in ATAR. Regardless, everyone should calm down a little I thinks.
Thinking of doing Engineering? - Engineering FAQs

2012 - 2014: B.Sc. - Mechanical Systems - The University of Melbourne
2014 - 2014: Cross-Institutional Study - Aero/Mech Engineering - Monash University
2015 - 2016: M.Eng (Mechanical with Business) - The University of Melbourne
2015 - Sem1: Exchange Semester - ETH Zurich

alondouek

• Subject Review God
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Oh to be a Gooner!
  • Respect: +316
  • School: Leibler Yavneh College
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 01:44:32 am »
Thank you, I really just want to help my friend with this, and I really didn't expect to be attacked. This question has nothing to do with me. I just...
at least not everyone is quick to judge :')

To answer your question: Getting an ATAR above the clearly-in is a very, very strong indicator that your friend will receive an offer given that they have fulfilled all the other course prerequisites. Obviously I can't speak with any certainty, but I'd bet that they'll get an offer unless there are very limited places in the course with many applications to said course. Good luck to your friend!
2013-2016
Majoring in Genetics and Developmental Biology

2012 ATAR: 96.55
English [48] Biology [40]

Need a driving instructor? Mobility Driving School

90+FTW

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 01:44:43 am »
If you're asking on behalf of a friend, why not just state that? Context is everything online.

because it's none of your business and I shouldn't have to anyway. Besides with the "whole everyone is going through a tough time" yeah, tell me about. I am too, again with the assumptions.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 01:48:21 am by 90+FTW »

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 01:48:43 am »
+7
OP: you've asked this question before, and it has been answered. I don't see why the answer would be different even if it were for a friend.

el tigrč chinő: no need to be so rude about it

ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]