Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 06:52:36 pm

Author Topic: ANU Early Offers  (Read 3957 times)  Share 

academicbulimia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +4
  • School: some really crap country school
  • School Grad Year: 2013
ANU Early Offers
« on: January 05, 2014, 03:48:18 pm »
Anyone get one and considering taking it? I got my first preference of Biomedical science and Science (psychology)  :D
2012: Psychology~Biology
2013:Chem~Methods~BusinessManagment~English
[UMAT 96%tile]

Notes4me123

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: -1
  • School: Scotch
Re: ANU Early Offers
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 10:35:31 pm »
Anyone get one and considering taking it? I got my first preference of Biomedical science and Science (psychology)  :D
Congrats.
Law Double Degree going to take it over commerce melb methinks but I'll have to work out whether I want to do Finance or Commerce with it. Hopefully I'll see you there next year. Whats the deal with accommodation? Are we all receiving offers together on the 16th or are they rolling them out now?

mishamigo

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 10:44:32 pm »
I believe accom offers start after main round. My concern is whether we're elegible or not- the site says you must receive an offer in main round. Surely first round would still be elegible?!?!
ATAR: 96.35
2012: Legal Studies (49)
2013: Literature (39), Psychology (42), Further Maths (42), Health and Human Development (38), Maths Methods (CAS) (31)
2014: BA/LLB (Monash)

Notes4me123

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: -1
  • School: Scotch
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 11:26:52 pm »
I believe accom offers start after main round. My concern is whether we're elegible or not- the site says you must receive an offer in main round. Surely first round would still be elegible?!?!

'first round' is just early offers as far as i know. We just got a good enough score for them to try and encourage us with an early offer as they know that we were certainly going to receive an offer in the main round. If you applied before the deadline of today then they consider you and before the 30th of November you definitely receive an offer. http://accom.anu.edu.au/UAS/977/200.html

If you havnt registered then I would give them a call ASAP
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 01:00:57 am by Notes4me123 »

academicbulimia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +4
  • School: some really crap country school
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 04:37:52 pm »
Congrats.
Law Double Degree going to take it over commerce melb methinks but I'll have to work out whether I want to do Finance or Commerce with it. Hopefully I'll see you there next year. Whats the deal with accommodation? Are we all receiving offers together on the 16th or are they rolling them out now?
Haha hopefully! Ohh tough decision! :) really I just went for a double degree just to make things more interesting :P haha
I got my offer at the same time as my UAC Offer but it's for Lena Karmel (unilodge) so I think they might be done differently since run by unilodge ..

Aj you'd be more likely to get one if anything! Haha
2012: Psychology~Biology
2013:Chem~Methods~BusinessManagment~English
[UMAT 96%tile]

Hancock

• SUPER ENGINEERING MAN
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +270
  • School: Ringwood Secondary College
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 12:44:28 am »
Couldn't you have accepted ANU and waited for a first round offer from UoM because it uses a different admission agency? And then if you got an offer from UoM you could've told ANU you were rejecting their offer.

You should get an offer from UoM given you grades however (from the little I know about QCE).
Thinking of doing Engineering? - Engineering FAQs

2012 - 2014: B.Sc. - Mechanical Systems - The University of Melbourne
2014 - 2014: Cross-Institutional Study - Aero/Mech Engineering - Monash University
2015 - 2016: M.Eng (Mechanical with Business) - The University of Melbourne
2015 - Sem1: Exchange Semester - ETH Zurich