Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 01:30:38 pm

Author Topic: Crim Procedure A mid-sem  (Read 2092 times)  Share 

platypus

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • sleeping
  • Respect: 0
Crim Procedure A mid-sem
« on: March 17, 2014, 01:41:06 pm »
To all those Monash Law students who did Criminal Procedure A, do you know what the mid-sem test is about? Is it a factual scenario, policy type question or something else entirely? Also how would you go about studying it? The lecturers not telling us anything and it would be nice to know how to revise on it.
2013: BComm/LLB @ Monash

Rohmer

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +10
Re: Crim Procedure A mid-sem
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 07:08:16 pm »
When I did it (2 years ago) it was just a factual scenario on assault. I remember it was also closed-book (although the end of year exam was open book).

Sorry that probably isn't much help :P, not sure how much it applies now.

platypus

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • sleeping
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 07:47:50 pm »
Hmm yea I think the syllabus has changed since then...I know the test is about Criminal Procedure and we study assault after the test so I don't think it's on that.

zhenzhenzhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Not part of the furniture
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 09:21:06 pm »
Lol when I see Crim Procedure A and B and Criminal Law A and B I just wonder how much stuff they could possibly teach you.. in the JD we just have the one subject "Criminal Law and Procedures" and that *should* cover everything according to the Priestly 11 right? @_@
2010 - 2013: Bachelor of Software Engineering - Monash (completed w/ alternative exit to B. Comp Sci)
2014 - 2016: Master of Laws (Juris Doctor) - Monash

lynt.br

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +50
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 10:49:50 pm »
Lol when I see Crim Procedure A and B and Criminal Law A and B I just wonder how much stuff they could possibly teach you.. in the JD we just have the one subject "Criminal Law and Procedures" and that *should* cover everything according to the Priestly 11 right? @_@

I could see it being possible to condense the two because there isn't as much content in crim A (procedure, assault, murder, manslaughter. B has property offences, sexual offences, attempts, parties/secondary liability and drug offences). In the LLB, Crim A is taught very much like an introductory law unit (going over actus reus and mens rea in some detail) which might be why they split it in two. They are actually keeping it as two subjects even after the new curriculum which is interesting (although torts is being condensed to 1 subject).

For the crim procedure test, I had a factual scenario with short answer questions as well as a policy question (although this was in 2011). I remember it being a ridiculous race against the clock.

As a heads up there will be an LSS revision seminar for the crim procedure test in week 4 Thursday (27th of March) from 5-6:30pm in 12/L3. The crim tutor is fantastic and I highly recommend going!

platypus

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • sleeping
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 11:59:30 pm »
The crim tutor is fantastic and I highly recommend going!

Lol are you the tutor

But yea I will be going, the LSS tutors are excellent.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 12:02:19 am by platypus »

zhenzhenzhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Not part of the furniture
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 09:36:46 am »
Oh yeah lynt Joseph says hi! jtran
2010 - 2013: Bachelor of Software Engineering - Monash (completed w/ alternative exit to B. Comp Sci)
2014 - 2016: Master of Laws (Juris Doctor) - Monash

lynt.br

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +50
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 11:51:36 pm »
Lol are you the tutor

But yea I will be going, the LSS tutors are excellent.

No I'm not the tutor haha, but I know the tutor and can vouch for her excellence!

@zhenzhenzhen tell Joseph I said hi! Haven't spoken to him in ages!

jibba

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • 日本のミカタ
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 01:05:41 am »
I did it last year.
It was a factual scenario question relating to the statute, and there were 2 short answer policy questions relating to the procedure of trials (ie: pros/cons of higher/lower courts) and the second one was about themes that you do in week 1-2.

No guarantees it'll be the same this year.

2011: Japanese SL [50] ATAR: 99.40
2012-2017: Arts/Law at Monash
My Japanese Advice Thread Q/A and advice for 2012/Future VCE Japanese Students
2013: Currently tutoring VCE Japanese. JLPT N2
2014: Exchange to Hitotsubashi University, Japan (April - August) & Seoul National University (September - December). JLPT N1
2017: Tutoring VCE Japanese/Offering VCE Japanese notes email : [email protected]

platypus

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • sleeping
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 04:04:45 pm »
Yea my lecturer said there are problem questions and short-answer questions (I take it to be policy) so I think it will be similar.