Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 12:10:59 pm

Author Topic: Diary entries for imaginative  (Read 4176 times)  Share 

H3

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Diary entries for imaginative
« on: October 24, 2014, 12:10:37 am »
I'm planning to do an imaginative piece for the exam on the movie "Skin." Just wondering whether a diary entry would be the right choice or whether it would be dull based on the fact that many other students choose to do diary entries? I feel like mine can stand out as a diary entry but also worried that I might not get the marks for creativity. Are there any similar concepts like diary entries I could do? thanks
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 12:12:54 am by H3 »

meganrobyn

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +62
Re: Diary entries for imaginative
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 01:56:01 pm »
I personally wouldn't advise doing a diary entry, as previous Assessor's Reports have said they don't allow complex enough language or argumentation - put it this way, would you genuinely write a diary with your full vocab and sounding fancy? I think choose something that allows you to show off what you can do a bit more.

If you really like writing in first person, you could do a narrative piece with a lot of dialogue - like a short story, or a stage monologue...? Similar, but with a bit more scope for "nice" writing?
[Update: full for 2018.] I give Legal lectures through CPAP, and am an author for the CPAP 'Legal Fundamentals' textbook and the Legal 3/4 Study Guide.
Available for private tutoring in English and Legal Studies.
Experience in Legal 3/4 assessing; author of Legal textbook; degrees in Law and English; VCE teaching experience in Legal Studies and English. Legal Studies [50] English [50] way back when.
Good luck!