Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 07:24:07 pm

Author Topic: New Laptop  (Read 2073 times)  Share 

atom

• New South Welsh
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2014
New Laptop
« on: January 08, 2015, 10:31:35 am »
Hi guys, I'm looking for a new laptop to replace my old one, but I can't find one that's in the same price range to the one I'm using with similar specs. The one I'm currently using is a 2012 Dell 14" Ultrabook with Intel Core i5, 128Gb SSD and 8Gb RAM which I purchased for $799. If you know of any good deals, feel free to leave your suggestions :)

P.S I would prefer a laptop with SSD since I have a 1TB external hard drive which solves my storage problems

Lasercookie

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +326
Re: New Laptop
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 12:43:58 pm »
It's pretty common for laptop hard drives to be 2.5", you could always just swap the hard drives between the new and old computer.

Lenovo sometimes has some good deals on their website i.e. http://shopap.lenovo.com/au/en/laptops/thinkpad/edge-series/?menu-id=thinkpad_edge_series is what I have (they tend to have sales every now and then, so they can go a bit cheaper too). You might have to look into the upgrade options for 1080p native resolution screens, SSD options etc. on specific models too.

kenhung123

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 01:31:58 pm »
just curious do you carry your external harddrive everywhere and at home is it plugged in constantly?

atom

• New South Welsh
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 02:10:52 pm »
It's pretty common for laptop hard drives to be 2.5", you could always just swap the hard drives between the new and old computer.

Lenovo sometimes has some good deals on their website i.e. http://shopap.lenovo.com/au/en/laptops/thinkpad/edge-series/?menu-id=thinkpad_edge_series is what I have (they tend to have sales every now and then, so they can go a bit cheaper too). You might have to look into the upgrade options for 1080p native resolution screens, SSD options etc. on specific models too.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into it :)

just curious do you carry your external harddrive everywhere and at home is it plugged in constantly?

I find that I don't access the files in my external harddrive that often, and my laptop provides enough storage for everything else.