Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 07:42:19 am

Author Topic: Headstart lecture notes  (Read 4967 times)

warya

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
Headstart lecture notes
« on: January 29, 2015, 12:13:52 pm »
Is there any way the lecture notes are going to be available for purchase, at least a virtual version? It would be really helpful for those who missed lectures (chem/methods especially) due to overbooking.
http://i.imgur.com/VK9S9ET.gif

2016–2018: Bachelor of Biomedical Science, Monash University
2019–2022: Doctor of Medicine, The University of Melbourne

Propane

• Victorian
  • Fresh Member
  • Respect: 0
Re: Headstart lecture notes
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 03:13:50 pm »
If you've got a Physics one, I'll trade a Methods for it.

Alwin

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +241
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 07:44:28 pm »
Hey guys! :)

I'm quite surprised that Ned Nerb hasn't replied yet, so I'll give a quick run down of what's happening with the notes before he comes along and gives you more details.

We sold out of all the notes for almost every subject during the lecture (for Physics, they were all gone before my lecture even started!). So, there aren't any leftovers for sale from ATAR Notes.
The next option of course would be to do a second print run for all of you that didn't manage to get notes. But, this might not be logistically possible if only a handful of people want notes as the printer has to print in large batches (100 or more maybe??).

And that's were Ned Nerb and the other organisers are at (I think). They need some time to gauge if there's enough interest to do another print run of lecture notes, work out logistics, work out costs, work out overheads, etcetera etcetra. If you really need notes pm or email him to ask :)
2012:  Methods [48] Physics [49]
2013:  English [40] (oops) Chemistry [46] Spesh [42] Indo SL [34] Uni Maths: Melb UMEP [4.5] Monash MUEP [just for a bit of fun]
2014:  BAeroEng/BComm

A pessimist says a glass is half empty, an optimist says a glass is half full.
An engineer says the glass has a safety factor of 2.0

Orson

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 08:12:46 pm »
Hey guys! :)

I'm quite surprised that Ned Nerb hasn't replied yet, so I'll give a quick run down of what's happening with the notes before he comes along and gives you more details.

We sold out of all the notes for almost every subject during the lecture (for Physics, they were all gone before my lecture even started!). So, there aren't any leftovers for sale from ATAR Notes.
The next option of course would be to do a second print run for all of you that didn't manage to get notes. But, this might not be logistically possible if only a handful of people want notes as the printer has to print in large batches (100 or more maybe??).

And that's were Ned Nerb and the other organisers are at (I think). They need some time to gauge if there's enough interest to do another print run of lecture notes, work out logistics, work out costs, work out overheads, etcetera etcetra. If you really need notes pm or email him to ask :)
Thanks for updating us. I would really love to get some physics notes. Anyway, if printing is not viable for you guys, how about a digital download for sale?

Thanks!
2015: VCE
2016: BCivEng(Hons)/BCom at MU

Feel free to PM me for your engineering queries

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 10:09:34 pm »
Indeed - there are no more notes after the lecture series, however, it seems increasingly likely that we will sell the notes via the eStore for a few weeks (only) to satisfy the people who unfortunately missed out :)
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

warya

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 07:25:53 pm »
Indeed - there are no more notes after the lecture series, however, it seems increasingly likely that we will sell the notes via the eStore for a few weeks (only) to satisfy the people who unfortunately missed out :)

Please let us know when this is!
http://i.imgur.com/VK9S9ET.gif

2016–2018: Bachelor of Biomedical Science, Monash University
2019–2022: Doctor of Medicine, The University of Melbourne

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 04:02:08 pm »
Please let us know when this is!
Yesterday! Haha

shivaji

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 04:14:54 pm »
It says the lecture notes are available only until the 8th of Feb, but can we still order it now even though the date has passed?

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 04:33:16 pm »
It says the lecture notes are available only until the 8th of Feb, but can we still order it now even though the date has passed?
If the system's still processing it; you can still order it haha! I'll double check what's going on with them, but it's they're still up there,  there must be a few still available.