Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 04:55:08 pm

Author Topic: ENGLISH LANGUAGE CLASS OF 2015!!!  (Read 10062 times)  Share 

strawberries

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +416
ENGLISH LANGUAGE CLASS OF 2015!!!
« on: February 25, 2015, 08:15:09 pm »
+2
Hi I was just wondering if anyone is/how many people are doing 3/4 englang this year?!?!

I know the year has just started, but where are you guys up to and when are your first SACS? :D
VCE '15
don't let dreams be dreams

odeaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +28
Re: ENGLISH LANGUAGE CLASS OF 2015!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 10:32:59 pm »
Sup!
I picked up lang this year, and I am only just getting my head around all the metalanguage now. We are currently doing standard language, which I find immensely boring tbh. Our teacher literally emailed us an hour ago casually telling us to write an essay. I probably shouldn't be on this website instead of doing it ahah
VCE Class of 2015

Monash Uni

point

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 10:35:21 pm »
First SAC this friday on Informal Spoken texts! Attempting practice SACS right now haha :(
2015 VCE ATAR: 98.35
2016 Bachelor of Commerce UoM
2020 Masters of IT (Computing)

Eiffel

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 10:38:11 pm »
so unfair we had our sac so early on informal language essay + SA. had it about a week and a half ago, and i havent even done 1/2.

odeaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 10:46:10 pm »
so unfair we had our sac so early on informal language essay + SA. had it about a week and a half ago, and i havent even done 1/2.
How are you going with picking it up? I think I've caught up to everyone else in the class, but I still have a mindset that everyone is better than me and that I'm always wrong
Oh and our formal language sac is on the last day of term, how delightful!
VCE Class of 2015

Monash Uni

point

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 10:46:23 pm »

wow you guys had to do an essay so early in the year? I don't think my school is even assessing in terms of essays until unit 4 LOL
2015 VCE ATAR: 98.35
2016 Bachelor of Commerce UoM
2020 Masters of IT (Computing)

Eiffel

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 11:12:09 pm »
How are you going with picking it up? I think I've caught up to everyone else in the class, but I still have a mindset that everyone is better than me and that I'm always wrong
Oh and our formal language sac is on the last day of term, how delightful!

i think i know all the content but am in the exact situation with you. If someone says something in class i always assume its because they did 1/2 (if that makes sense?) - im not really confident with saying things in class cause i might have missed an aspect.

wow you guys had to do an essay so early in the year? I don't think my school is even assessing in terms of essays until unit 4 LOL

very annoying cause i know i effed it. My tutor also said out of all his students (20 or so he mentioned), that i was the first one too do a sac this early, with others doing it start of March atleast.

odeaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 11:21:23 pm »
i think i know all the content but am in the exact situation with you. If someone says something in class i always assume its because they did 1/2 (if that makes sense?) - im not really confident with saying things in class cause i might have missed an aspect.

very annoying cause i know i effed it. My tutor also said out of all his students (20 or so he mentioned), that i was the first one too do a sac this early, with others doing it start of March atleast.
So accurate, I never want to like challenge anyone even if I am almost certain I'm right. I'm sure that stigma will go away soon enough though
VCE Class of 2015

Monash Uni

vceva

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 05:05:40 pm »
Hi I was just wondering if anyone is/how many people are doing 3/4 englang this year?!?!

I know the year has just started, but where are you guys up to and when are your first SACS? :D

WOOO yeah eng lang hahaha, just did my first sac last friday. Kinda bombed it but i don't know exactly yet

strawberries

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 08:21:35 pm »
I am seriously so behind in everything right now. This informal language stuff confuses me and I'm STILL not even 100% familiar with my subsystems
VCE '15

dmitridr

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • VCE English Language Tutor
  • Respect: +38
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 09:14:38 pm »
+2
I am seriously so behind in everything right now. This informal language stuff confuses me and I'm STILL not even 100% familiar with my subsystems

Hopefully this helps you with informal language. Just keep staying positive, work hard and ask for help. :)

Features of Informal Language List!
Winter EL Workshop on Unit 4 AOS 1! Click here!

Need VCE English Language tutoring? Offering personal and group tutoring! See more details here!

Require a VCE tutor for any subject? - Click here!

Learn the entire VCE English Language 3/4 course inside out, in an interactive & engaging way! Get 25% OFF the full price today: Click here.

skybluemaniac

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 09:00:02 am »
So accurate, I never want to like challenge anyone even if I am almost certain I'm right. I'm sure that stigma will go away soon enough though

lol so early! Is anyone else's first sac in term 2?? My teacher is doing is weirdly lol
2015: VCE DONE!! ATAR: 96.85

2016-2019: Bachelor of Education (Honours) / Bachelor of Science (Microbiology and Immunology) at Monash University

2020: Teacher!

VCE Bio (45) ~ Monash Uni Bio ( High distinction - 4.5)
***I AM TUTORING VCE BIOLOGY***. Let me help you reach your full potential! http://melbourne.universitytutor.com/tutors/753760

vceva

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 08:43:12 am »
guys, how do we write an analytical commentary!?! my sacs in less than 2 weeks and my teacher expects us how to write one. i'm totally lost and i have no clue of what the purpose of writing an analytical commentary is? what's my goal in writing one , like what's an analytical commentary trying to achieve?

strawberries

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 09:08:07 pm »
My first English Language SAC will be next week!

We're writing an essay and my essay-writing skills suck :(
VCE '15

odeaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 10:00:22 pm »
+1
My first English Language SAC will be next week!

We're writing an essay and my essay-writing skills suck :(
All term i have been kicking back knowing my sac is the last day of term
Today i realised that is next week
#panicmode
VCE Class of 2015

Monash Uni