Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 02, 2024, 05:17:22 pm

Author Topic: What have you been doing this holiday? (post-vce)  (Read 25620 times)  Share 

more_vanilla

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2015
Re: What have you been doing this holiday? (post-vce)
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2015, 08:52:27 pm »
As per title, I am looking for inspiration/suggestions on how to spend all my free time now that VCE has ended. Also looking to kill time by reading stories of your more exciting life haha

Here are some things I've been doing:
- Work 3 hours every weekday
- Yoga/pilates classes 3-4 times a week.
- Catching up with friends (going for lunch, movies etc.)
- Going shopping / walking aimlessly around CBD
- Went to NGV for the first time haha
- Spending most of my time watching dramas/tv tbh (I can almost feel my eyesight deteriorating)
- A lot of napping
I didn't know there were so many hours in the day... =_=

Please share what you've been getting up to (holiday? schoolies?)! :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 09:02:18 pm by more_vanilla »
2014: Psychology, Accounting
2015: Methods, Further, EngLang, HHD, UMEP Accounting

TheAspiringDoc

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2015, 09:54:51 pm »
I'm trying to learn how to juggle against a wall..  ::)

more_vanilla

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2015, 10:02:55 pm »

I'm trying to learn how to juggle against a wall..  ::)

Can I ask why? Hahaha
Good luck with that!
2014: Psychology, Accounting
2015: Methods, Further, EngLang, HHD, UMEP Accounting

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2015, 10:09:09 pm »
Haven't just finished VCE, but... wasting my spare time reading about marketing, cognitive/behavioural psychology, NLP (hypnosis is next up so beware), CSS, the Regency period (aka Georgette Heyer novels) and cleaning toilets.

Why?  Don't know.  They have no relevance to anything (except the last-named item) but they're fun (ditto).
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

Bruzzix

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +14
  • School: FCCC
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2015, 10:10:01 pm »
I've been trying to be as productive as possible by:
  • Learning French
  • Learning how to code HTML, CSS, PHP and Java
  • Learning about logical fallacies and cognitive biases
  • Reading heaps of books that I got a year ago and never had time for because of VCE
  • Working on uni level science and maths textbooks
  • Expanding vocabulary
2014: Psychology [31~28.95]
2015:
Chemistry [37~41.23] | Biology [42~42.86] | Physics [33~35.50] | Methods [29~33.14] | English [36~34.50]
ATAR: 90.35
2016: Monash BSc
Finished VCE at 16
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

TheAspiringDoc

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2015, 10:15:55 pm »
Can I ask why? Hahaha
Good luck with that!
Fun!!!

sunshine98

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2015, 10:16:47 pm »
-Ive been helping my aunt out a lot because she has decided to create her own NGO that focuses particularly on my homeland (which is obvs a developing country) . I've been writing like content for her site and like helping her out with the certain language to use and stuff like that.
-Also , been watching tonnes and tonnes of youtube videos. I'm getting back into movies as well , watched like 4 in two days which is a record for me.
-hanging out with family (my cousins mostly , cause we're like super close and theres tonnes of them)
-worrying about Monday aghhhh its just sooo close. I don't want to know my atar anymore  :(

thaaanyan

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2015, 10:27:28 pm »
Ok wow. everyone is crazy on here, feel like i've been doing very little haha
- Mostly i've been baking food for my mum's work at the red cross. her clients are refugees so i like feeding them haha
- Reading! i've finished dune by frank herbert, and almost finished anna karenina. mid way through eragon and starting the pillars of the earth (ken follett). also about to start the wind up bird chronicles. murakami and i didn't really get along in 1Q84, so hopefully wind up bird changes things!!
- Ordering and arranging things of tutoring. Re-reading Macbeth and Maus, familiarizing myself with the new study design, getting resources and lesson plans ready!
- I can now go for walks with my family members!!! Never had time for that in vce!!!
- Stressing mostly. I'm so obsessed with preparing for the future that i've watched like a bajillion of those results day reaction videos. does anyone else do this????? once i exhausted the vce supply, i went on to gcse reactions, a level reactions, hsc reactions etc. Just so like, I know second hand at least how it feels to see the results.

-Ive been helping my aunt out a lot because she has decided to create her own NGO that focuses particularly on my homeland (which is obvs a developing country) . I've been writing like content for her site and like helping her out with the certain language to use and stuff like that.
-Also , been watching tonnes and tonnes of youtube videos. I'm getting back into movies as well , watched like 4 in two days which is a record for me.
-hanging out with family (my cousins mostly , cause we're like super close and theres tonnes of them)
-worrying about Monday aghhhh its just sooo close. I don't want to know my atar anymore  :(
Wow, this is amazing!!! What's the organisation called?? I totally feel you btw. I dunno if i want monday to hurry up or be longer away!!

sunshine98

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2015, 10:47:11 pm »
Wow, this is amazing!!! What's the organisation called?? I totally feel you btw. I dunno if i want monday to hurry up or be longer away!!
Hahahha thanks.Theres so much paperwork tho, so tiring. Hopefully worth it , tho. Sorry but cant rly disclose the name just yet cause some things haven't been finalised .
- Stressing mostly. I'm so obsessed with preparing for the future that i've watched like a bajillion of those results day reaction videos. does anyone else do this????? once i exhausted the vce supply, i went on to gcse reactions, a level reactions, hsc reactions etc. Just so like, I know second hand at least how it feels to see the results.
^OMAAAGAWD been doing the exact same thing. I've watched the same ones over and over again, probs given each atar reaction video a third of its views 8)

Swagadaktal

• SwagLordOfAN
  • Forum Leader
  • djkhaled305 is the key to success
  • Respect: +102
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2015, 11:13:11 pm »
OMG YES I LOVE THEM SO MUCH -- but im madddddddd anxious about monday its like damn just monday happen already, i cant do much rn thinking bout monday :3
Fuck you english your eyebrows aren't even good
Why walk when you can stand on the shoulders of giants?

Mc47

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2015, 01:45:57 am »
Just spent 8 days in Thailand and am in Malaysia at the moment

Flight back home is tomorrow night though

winchesteraddict

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2015, 06:51:39 am »
Low level hacking lol (k linux), meeting old mates after 3 yrs (in Pakistan), preparing for next year (not really. Procrastinating), gym and some martial arts
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 07:02:21 am by winchesteraddict »

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +275
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2015, 01:05:54 pm »
+6
For me: Get a god damn summer job.

Mission accomplished.
2012-2014. BSc: Neuroscience. University of Melbourne.
2015-2018. Doctor of Optometry. University of Melbourne.

Unlikely to respond to any PMs these days.

warya

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2015, 09:06:12 pm »
Netflix hahah
http://i.imgur.com/VK9S9ET.gif

2016–2018: Bachelor of Biomedical Science, Monash University
2019–2022: Doctor of Medicine, The University of Melbourne

doyoueven

• Trailblazer
  • School: Gold's gym
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2015, 04:34:29 am »
net flexing and chilling