Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 01:38:39 pm

Author Topic: [Guide] AN Lectures  (Read 32217 times)

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
Re: [Guide] AN Lectures
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2016, 07:56:45 pm »
+3
I'm not involved with the lectures (or any business decisions at all) and nor have I attended any or seen any happen, so hopefully this is completely unbiased!

It's actually unfortunately common for some people to be disrespectful during lectures. Even in TSFX lectures, which are $100+, there are still people mucking around and not taking it seriously. Regarding charging people or giving people on here the first bite, I think it's important to realise that the lectures, as Euler mentioned, have a primary goal of targeting not only the keen beans, but more-so those who are keen and ALSO can't really afford to fork out cash for lectures. Whilst in ideal world these people would all be on AN, the fact is that with Facebook advertising they're going to be a much broader reach and is more likely to catch more of these people. It's quite possible that with this strategy that there will be more people who may muck around because they find out via the mass tagging that eventually happens on AN's fb posts, but it's a free lecture and you'll have to take the good with the bad there. Best solution? Sit in the front couple of rows, you'll be far from distractions and close to the action!

Also, I don't agree with the assertion that 'people who muck around' = 'people who aren't keen' and hence don't '"deserve" to be there. Anyone who knew me in school would know that I did absolutely shit all whilst in the classroom, but was still a pretty diligent and dedicated student and took my studies seriously when I needed to. Granted, I do agree it's annoying and disrespectful, but it's something you'll have to get used to given these people will be present in other revision lectures, uni lectures, uni tutes, and in the workplace. Best to build your tolerance to them now ;)

Just my 2c :)