Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:50:01 am

Author Topic: GAT Questions and Discussion  (Read 128937 times)

rozmaaate

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: GAT Questions and Discussion
« Reply #225 on: October 06, 2020, 02:16:00 pm »
+1
Can anyone please help me? I know the GAT doesn't really 'matter' but I can't help stressing and getting nervous over it. Is there any chance someone can help me understand how to write the two writing tasks? Are there any previous written task responses, sample essays, anything? I haven't done a test like this since selective exams and that was Y8. I've seen the videos but they don't really help, anything would help at this point. My GAT is tomorrow so... help asap would be appreciated. Thanks, y'all!!

Have you checked out English Lab on YouTube ?they have sample responses for both writing tasks written by a GAT assessor . Remember from at what least I know the GAT can only help you it cannot bring you down !

ErnieTheBirdi

• Forum Regular
« Reply #226 on: October 06, 2020, 02:20:38 pm »

Have you checked out English Lab on YouTube ?they have sample responses for both writing tasks written by a GAT assessor . Remember from at what least I know the GAT can only help you it cannot bring you down !

They only have a transcript, there isn't any sample responses?

rozmaaate

• Trailblazer
« Reply #227 on: October 06, 2020, 02:24:12 pm »
They only have a transcript, there isn't any sample responses?

I'm not sure my teacher said that is his example of a sample response to the 2016 GAT to writing task 2

He also mentioned in the comments he was happy with the sample response he provided receiving an 8/10

rozmaaate

• Trailblazer
« Reply #228 on: October 06, 2020, 03:09:40 pm »
Hi guys I also need help with this questions as I’m not to sure where it start for both 68 and 69

ErnieTheBirdi

• Forum Regular
« Reply #229 on: October 06, 2020, 05:24:01 pm »
Just out of curiosity, does the GAT really matter that much? Like if I show up to all my exams and don't fail will it even have an effect on my SS? Will the GAT bring it down if I do poorly?

ErnieTheBirdi

• Forum Regular
« Reply #230 on: October 06, 2020, 05:24:21 pm »
Just out of curiosity, does the GAT really matter that much? Like if I show up to all my exams and don't fail will it even have an effect on my SS? Will the GAT bring it down if I do poorly?

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
« Reply #231 on: October 06, 2020, 05:26:27 pm »
+5
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Normally - it won't count at all unless you can't turn up to exams - your exam score is derived from the GAT. So if you do a terrible, awful exam and have aced your GAT, it still won't count.
This year - who knows. Seriously. It is believed to be used as a moderation tool, but how can we know? Just don't fool 'round, I guess... since we don't know how important it is. But it is expected to be more important this year.
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

SS1314

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #232 on: October 06, 2020, 06:01:57 pm »
Thanks could you please help me out with this question as well as the notation for coordinates puts me off

So I interpreted the first two numbers of Eliot's method as giving the width and height respectively, which the last two numbers giving the coordinate of the centre of the rectangles, e.g. centre of M is (2,2.5) and 2,2.5 are last two numbers of Elliots method. I interpreted the two sets of numbers in Rita's method as being the coordinates of the bottom left and top right corners respectively, so (1,1) is the bottom left corner of M and (3,4) is the top right corner (basically you break 1,1,3,4 into two).

I legit don't know if this is the right interpretation but I mean I got the answers right, so that must be saying something
2021: English, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Physics [50]

Offering 2022 head start classes (PM for details)

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #233 on: October 06, 2020, 08:01:55 pm »
+2
Hey all,

Does anyone know what the GATchphrase is this year? :)
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

marble2

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #234 on: October 07, 2020, 01:32:49 pm »
+1
How did everyone go on the GAT?   :D The writing topics weren’t as bad as I thought!!
2020: Philosophy
2021: English | Literature | Biology
2022: Mathematical Methods | Psychology | Chemistry

eloisegrace

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her ~ class of 2021
  • Respect: +264
« Reply #235 on: October 07, 2020, 01:42:40 pm »
+1
How did everyone go on the GAT?   :D The writing topics weren’t as bad as I thought!!
Yes the writing tasks were a lot better than the practice one I did! I felt as though some of the MCQs were a bit ambiguous and hard but hopefully I did well 🤞
2020 - mathematical methods [42] | further mathematics [45]
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #236 on: October 07, 2020, 01:55:49 pm »
+1
2020 GAT Discussion is HERE