Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 22, 2024, 08:02:32 am

Author Topic: Please Help Us - Donate Your Notes!  (Read 3119 times)  Share 

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Please Help Us - Donate Your Notes!
« on: October 16, 2017, 02:19:49 am »
+9
Click Here to donate directly to the Notes section!
Click here to bulk donate HSC files!
Click here to bulk donate VCE files!

ATAR Notes is all about collaboration.

At its core, the forums are the most perfect example of that. A community full of students, graduates, tutors, hell even teachers; all here to help each other through school and university, not just through shared knowledge but through shared experience. We are here to help each other, we care about each other - I think of the ATAR Notes forums like another little (wait, little? We've got nearly 200,000 members lol...) family.

Beyond that though, everything has a collaborative theme. The free lectures are a collaboration between ATAR Notes, and awesome institutions like RMIT and UTS. Tutesmart, as well as the Notes and Topic Tests, are all a collaboration between ATAR Notes, and super talented individuals who are keen to share their knowledge and expertise. Another huge aspect of AN, that relies just as much on this collaborative spirit if not moreso, is our free notes section.

We are really proud of this aspect of AN - To be able to offer such awesome downloadable content, for free, is a truly gobsmacking feat. We don't put any of it behind a barrier - There is no Premium tab on our site (and there never will be). Why? Because we believe that if we have something we can feasibly give to you guys for free, we should do that.

As you may or may not be aware, our Free Notes section is sustained entirely by student donations. Yep, students finishing their exams just like you are, who make an awesome decision to pay it forward. To, instead of letting their hard work sit abandoned on an old hard drive or letting their handwritten essays sit ripped at the bottom of a landfill, let that hard work help someone who is struggling. Save someone time when they are stressed for an exam, just like you have been. To show them that somewhere out there are a whole bunch of students who've done it before, and that they are willing to share something to make a super stressful year just a little less unpleasant.

What we are asking you to do is a super small gesture. Instead of deleting your study notes as you finish your exams, or throwing out the materials you've worked so hard on, donate them to us so we can pass them on to students who need them. If you've ever read an AN article, had a question answered on the forums, downloaded one of our free sets of notes or attended a free lecture, you know how good it feels to get that little bit of extra help. You can help us give that feeling to more students, for more subjects.

What can be donated?

Anything! Summaries in a Word Document, a spreadsheet of statistics, a table with the quotes from your prescribed text, the powerpoint you made for an assignment, a practice essay you wrote - Anything you think could be useful to somebody, we want you to share it.

The only rule - It must be yours to share. Please don't share your mates notes without their permission, and don't upload your teachers resources either (etc).

What subjects do you need?

All of them! Of course, we always want Notes for the popular subjects - You can never have too many useful resources, after all. Don't think just because we've got a lot already we don't want more. Your resources offer your perspective, your additional guidance, how you absorbed the content - Which might be just what someone needs for that "Aha!" moment.

In addition though, if you do something that we maybe don't have a lot of Notes for, we'd love for you to share them. We want to have Notes for as many subjects as we can, and we need your help to do that.

Do I need to be a genius to upload my stuff?

Absolutely not! Your marks in a subject don't represent the quality of your Notes. Our Notes section is a one stop shop for all resources. Study notes of various lengths and styles. Responses written not just by the high scoring 45+/Band 6 scoring student, but by everyone, so that we are more likely to have just what someone needs on a given day, given their skill level and their personal style.

How does this help?

Of course, these free notes are super helpful to students who need them. Resources are awesome. Beyond that, the more and higher quality resources we have, the more people will use them. The more people who use them, the more people who will donate additional resources at the end of the year, the more people who will also engage on the forums, the more people who will be helped by all the various aspects of AN. A self perpetuating collaborative cycle.

For people who do the more obscure subjects - The Notes section is even more vital. The Notes section is ultimately how that subjects little pocket of AN will get started. People come on for the Notes, start hanging around the forums. As the forum for that subject grows that means the Notes section grows more, as that happens it gets busier still. It gets busy enough, maybe we add it to our lecture lineup. All of a sudden you have the growth of an awesome subset of our educational community, just from donating a few notes. That's how it starts, and you can be the one to start it!

Our promise to you - We'll NEVER put these notes behind a paywall. We'll never charge for them, we'll never hide them in any way. They will always be free to download on ATAR Notes as a collaborative resource for all HSC/VCE students!

What do I do?

We aren't asking for a huge chunk of time. Click this link to go to our Note Upload page, fill in a few basic things like the subject and the description, and upload something useful. Maybe do it twice. Do it ten times if you feel super helpful. If you feel super keen, maybe scan your handwritten ones and upload that!

But I have a heap of files and I want to donate them all but I don't want to upload them all one at a time and I also don't want people to know they were mine ahhhh...

I'd highly encourage everyone to go to the Notes section directly. It gets attributed to your username, so it's your chance to go down in AN folklore as a super helpful person. Super easy process - Uploading one complete set of study notes for each of your subjects, plus a few extra essays/summaries you have lying around, would take about ten minutes.

But its no worries - If you are at all stressed about doing it this way, we can upload them for you instead. I've got File request links below you can click to submit files via Dropbox (no account needed, just choose files and go, and I won't know where they came from).

- Click here to donate HSC files!
- Click here to donate VCE files!

If you are sending files this way, please name them with the subject and a topic, or something like that! Assume I am clueless ;)

Thank you so much for helping us do what we do!

Click Here to donate directly to the Notes section!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 02:27:07 am by jamonwindeyer »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
Re: Please Help Us - Donate Your Notes!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 02:21:56 pm »
+6
Congratulations to all our HSC members for finishing their Advanced/Standard English Exams!!

Before you delete your notes files and tear up your essays, please consider donating your notes to our free notes section!! That way they can help HSC students in the future! ;D

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 07:03:46 pm »
My some parts of notes are a mix of my own and from here, do you still want me to upload it or no because of the fact half is already here hahahah
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 07:27:16 pm »
My some parts of notes are a mix of my own and from here, do you still want me to upload it or no because of the fact half is already here hahahah

If you've got anything that is a sizeable amount of your own stuff, then go for it! Use your best judgement ;D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 05:35:03 pm »
+6
Congratulations to everyone in the middle of exams, or who has finished exams. We are proud of you!

It would be super incredible of you, if you have any notes you've written or practice responses you've created, to share those (or similar) resources with us. We'll put them into our Free Notes section so they can help students in the future.

Don't let your hard work sit in a useless folder on your hard drive, use it to do something awesome for someone who might really need the extra helping hand! :)

« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 05:36:47 pm by Aaron »

CyberScopes

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 11:15:54 pm »
+1
Congratulations to everyone in the middle of exams, or who has finished exams. We are proud of you!

It would be super incredible of you, if you have any notes you've written or practice responses you've created, to share those (or similar) resources with us. We'll put them into our Free Notes section so they can help students in the future.

Don't let your hard work sit in a useless folder on your hard drive, use it to do something awesome for someone who might really need the extra helping hand! :)

I have my last exam tomorrow then ill be free ;D

Ive got a lot of comprehensive notes, I think my physics and economics ones are pretty neat but theyre both written down. How do i upload them to the site - is taking photos of them fine, or maybe scanning them? Its too much to write into a word document so I dont think thats an option, but id be willing to donate my notes if i can.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 11:21:12 pm by CyberScopes »
Want to track your WAM, organise your marks and analyse your progress throughout your degree, all on your phone?
Get Unicore now: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.atude.mywam

2017 ATAR: 93.10
Mathematics 2U | Mathematics Extension 1 | Advanced English | Physics | IPT | Economics
Software Engineering at UNSW

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 11:48:48 pm »
+3
I have my last exam tomorrow then ill be free ;D

Ive got a lot of comprehensive notes, I think my physics and economics ones are pretty neat but theyre both written down. How do i upload them to the site - is taking photos of them fine, or maybe scanning them? Its too much to write into a word document so I dont think thats an option, but id be willing to donate my notes if i can.

You're a legend! If you download one of those PDF scanner apps, an app like Scannable (iOS) or CamScanner (Android), that will let you grab an easy PDF copy of your stuff. Then just pop it at the link, it goes straight into my Dropbox and I'll handle any compression/splits needed to get them on the site ;D

CyberScopes

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 12:02:22 am »
+1
You're a legend! If you download one of those PDF scanner apps, an app like Scannable (iOS) or CamScanner (Android), that will let you grab an easy PDF copy of your stuff. Then just pop it at the link, it goes straight into my Dropbox and I'll handle any compression/splits needed to get them on the site ;D

Ah alright sweet that should make it easier, will do in maybe a week or two after taking a break!
Want to track your WAM, organise your marks and analyse your progress throughout your degree, all on your phone?
Get Unicore now: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.atude.mywam

2017 ATAR: 93.10
Mathematics 2U | Mathematics Extension 1 | Advanced English | Physics | IPT | Economics
Software Engineering at UNSW

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 08:41:57 am »
+2
Ah alright sweet that should make it easier, will do in maybe a week or two after taking a break!

Thank you so much! ;D

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.